• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What should I do on my birthday to keep myself from getting too depressed?

Dingo16

Dingo16

I hate my birthday, especially in recent years. I honestly didn’t think I would live this long so now every birthday feels more like a mile marker for how long I’ve been depressed. It also makes me anxious because it means I’m one year closer to having to support myself, which I think is going be very difficult to do since I just don’t care. The only positive thing about my birthday this year is that I’m going to be at college so I won’t have to deal with my family. Long story short, I’m stumped on what I should do to keep from getting too sad by myself on my birthday. Any ideas?

S

SadRainbow

Former member
It's my birthday next week. I don't know what to do. I know my partner has got me presents and I know he and my daughter will want to celebrate. I don't really want to. I can't think of anything I want to do. But doing nothing would be sad too...

Are you definitely going to be by yourself? Maybe you could go to the cinema? I quite like the idea of going to the cinema by myself and a bag of tasty snacks 😁

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hiya and welcome x i for one am glad you have another birthday to celebrate x
if i were alone for my birthday i would indulge in a pamper day
you deserve to celebrate yourself and your life
i know you are at college ut maybe in the night time get some choccies to eat and have a bubble bath? and come on here and we can help you celebrate! your worth it x