• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what shall i do?

M

musicmels

Founding Member
i have been with my boyfriend for four years since we was 16 and just last december for my 21st we got engaged, i understand that since i have been depressed how it will effect him i no it must be hard, but all i want is for him to be himself around me, lately he has been making comments and saying hurtful things and i dont know what to do, i am always 100% honest with him, thats just me, but now he is saying i have ruined are relationship he dont want me to come out ( even though i dont go out) but even if its just up the road and with my family he says i am boring and blame everything on evryone else. all i want is abit more support and just a few more nice things said to me like he used to say thats what used to keep m e going and now i dont get them i just feel more insecure, evertyone else he know are so perfect and he always has nice things too say bout them when i ask him what nice things can you say about me he says he dont no??

Am i asking for too much???
all i ever do is be there for him and am always honest is it too much too ask for a bit of support and positive comfort?

sorry its so long someone please help me??

:cry:

D

Dollit

Perhaps he is feeling the strain of your depression, perhaps the relationship is just nearing the end of its natural life. I know that it's hard but have you tried talking to him straight about what he wants, have you asked him if he wants you to stay together? Perhaps an open and honest talk is what you need. Only you can actually decide what to do - it's your relationship and a few lines can't convey the length and depth of it. Whatever you decide to do you will get moral support here. :hug:

petal

petal

Founding Member
hey musicmels,

thanks for sharing your problem. like dollit says it might just be that he's having a hard time dealing with your depression. have you tried talking to someone else about it? i've had depression on and off for the last 6-7 years and have never really had the courage to do something about it until recently.

i was with a guy for 3 years and we were engaged but it didn't work out because i couldn't help my depression, and broke down quite badly while we were together and he couldn't handle it and found someone else. this obviously hurt a lot and perhaps made me even worse, so the best advice i could give you would try to help yourself by getting some help for your depression.

the best person to go and see, if you don't feel able to share it with anyone close to you, is your doctor. i know from experience, they are really helpful and understanding. before you go, try and think about how you want to get better, and what would be best for you...

hope you feel better soon chick x :hug:

M

musicmels

Founding Member
thanks petal, yeah i completely understand it must be hard for him, we have spoke about it alot in the past week and he has been so supportive, i talk to him alot now and i feels much easier, i just am so scared i am going to loose him, he keeps telling me to stop being silly, i love him so much and i no he loves me too he is being really helpful and i am glad.

thanks for your support xx:)

D

Dollit

I know it's hard to work at relationships when you're ill but you're obviously having a really good go and I hope things work for you both. Keep talking to each other. :hug: