What services are people with chronic illnesses entitled to?

N

nightmare57

I was wondering what support services do people receive when they are diagnosed with a chronic illnesses such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder, PD's or mood disorders?

What support have you received or continue to recieve from the CMHT team?

Is the support time limited? Have you always had a CPN? Do people on depots continue to receive support from the CMHT.

Do you have schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder and been discharged back to your G?

Did they put support from care agency's in place for you?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
psychiatrist said your appproaching the chronic stage of your illness, she said the treatment of chronic illness is the same throughout medicine, then she closed my case

claude

claude

i have been told my schizophrenia is treatment resistant but i am now only under my gp. I don't think he is happy about that, he would like me to see a cmht still but i am happier not having anything to do with them anymore. I was with a cmht for a number of years, had a care coordinator and was in and out of hospital quite a lot. Now I have not been in hospital for over a year and a half. When i left supported accommodation i was meant to have support for several years into my independence living but it only lasted six months. I was fine with that because they weren't very helpful and i prefer not to have people snooping. I am very afraid of being sectioned.
From what i hear the state of things round where i live is its only if you are in an acute crisis, are under a CTO or after care for section 3 that you get any services nowadays. If you have a depot you will be under services here but you'll only see the nurse for your injection and a ten minute p-doc appointment once a year. There isn't really any actual "care" left to speak of from what i can see.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
who will you use as a reference for the dwp they like people to have care workers milling around at least those they judge deserving