• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What SCHIZOPHRENIC voices sound like?

nenexx

nenexx

Hi there, can you answer on questions down below?

HOW SCHIZOPHRENIC VOICES SOUND LIKE?
Respond down below
1. How would you identify them, as being inside head, imaginary, during falling asleep OR being real like someone is talking into your ear? CHOSE only one option.
2. Are those voices fast and completely undistinguishable OR you can understand every word they say?
3. Are voices MALE or FEMALE?
4. What do voices typically tell you, are they positive or negative.
5.Do you realize that those voices are not real and that it is just your brain who is making them?
6. What is time of the day when they occur the most?
7. Are they following you outside of home or just inside?
8. Can you TALK to these voices and get answer with same volume as someone real was arguing with you?
9. How long did it take you to realize voices were fake and that you need to see a doctor.
10. Can you STOP them or lower their volume by listening to music?
11. WHAT was your first symptom of schizophrenia?

nenexx

nenexx

Do not be afraid guys, feel free to answer.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
You hear things that others don't hear. My voice is a female and she repeats things a lot. Other times my voices are inaudible. I can hear them but can't make out what they are saying exactly.

Wishbone

Wishbone

@PastelKittenX Do you know, 100%, that this female voice you hear isn't your own thoughts in your own head, and if so, how do you know that?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Not my own thoughts in my head at all.

I asked my mum many times if she can hear what I hear and she says no.
It sounds like someone is really talking and I can hear it.

nenexx

nenexx

Guys, I gave you form above, try to answer according to the form.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
I was only ever diagnosed with psychosis, at no point whatsoever has a doctor ever mentioned schizophrenia to me.

1. How would you identify them, as being inside head, imaginary, during falling asleep OR being real like someone is talking into your ear? CHOSE only one option.

Originally it was talking in my ears but when I started medication it became exclusively in my mind, like a thought but these words address me personally and are completely uncontrollable.

2. Are those voices fast and completely undistinguishable OR you can understand every word they say?

I understand ever single word.

My voice is singular and male. Although it can mimic any voice it wishes to.

Not really positive or negative, it just whines and complains whenever it's not singing.

5.Do you realize that those voices are not real and that it is just your brain who is making them?

I believe my voice is a real consciousness just like mine, so I don't believe it's just a figment of my imagination or misfiring neurons. It's very precise so I can't believe that.

All day, every waking moment, it can't be silent not even for five whole minutes.

It speaks wherever I am, my location makes no difference at all.

8. Can you TALK to these voices and get answer with same volume as someone real was arguing with you?

I could if I was so inclined, but I have nothing to say to this voice, I've not said a word to it for just over five years yet it keeps on talking as if I give a damn about it.

9. How long did it take you to realize voices were fake and that you need to see a doctor.

As I've stated in question 5 I believe my voice is real, but it was a lot of trouble and I did seek out medication to deal with it, it took some time before I could see a doctor to get those meds.

It's unstoppable, meds have reduced the volume of it by around 80-90%, listening to music will only set it off and it will sing the same song over and over for days on end if I'm not careful.

The voice, coupled with massive amounts of energy leading to lack of sleep for days on end.

nenexx

nenexx

I was only ever diagnosed with psychosis, at no point whatsoever has a doctor ever mentioned schizophrenia to me.

Originally it was talking in my ears but when I started medication it became exclusively in my mind, like a thought but these words address me personally and are completely uncontrollable.

I understand ever single word.

My voice is singular and male. Although it can mimic any voice it wishes to.

Not really positive or negative, it just whines and complains whenever it's not singing.

I believe my voice is a real consciousness just like mine, so I don't believe it's just a figment of my imagination or misfiring neurons. It's very precise so I can't believe that.

All day, every waking moment, it can't be silent not even for five whole minutes.

It speaks wherever I am, my location makes no difference at all.

I could if I was so inclined, but I have nothing to say to this voice, I've not said a word to it for just over five years yet it keeps on talking as if I give a damn about it.

As I've stated in question 5 I believe my voice is real, but it was a lot of trouble and I did seek out medication to deal with it, it took some time before I could see a doctor to get those meds.

It's unstoppable, meds have reduced the volume of it by around 80-90%, listening to music will only set it off and it will sing the same song over and over for days on end if I'm not careful.

The voice, coupled with massive amounts of energy leading to lack of sleep for days on end.
Could you tell me what else have you been experiencing during psychosis?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
I felt like I had taken Amphetamines or Ecstasy and LSD but without actually taking them in recent history (20 years or so). I believe my Pineal gland was mass producing DMT which is very similar to Psilocybin found in LSD and magic mushrooms and I believe my Pituitary gland was mass producing Endorphins which in large amounts has the same effect as Amphetamines or Ecstasy. I believe my voice had direct control of the production of these chemicals as it seemed to be able to turn up or lower the effects at its pleasure.

To me this explains why I was so easily manipulated by the voice into believing all sorts of things that weren't real, coupled with the fact that I had no idea what this voice was at the time, when you start hearing for the first time you'll most likely contemplate all sorts of reasons why this is happening. My voice tried to get me to believe it was real people in the world talking to me telepathically, it also said it was God at one point or was a part of me that existed on another plane of existence (higher self).

I also experienced tactile, auditory, olfactory and gustatory hallucinations, again I think my voice had direct control over these.

So because I appeared to be delusional, was hallucinating and hearing a voice they diagnosed me with psychosis. To me psychosis is the go to diagnosis when doctors don't know what the hell is going on or why, I was too old for schizophrenia and my condition seemed to return to normal in a week or so. I was then fine for a number of months until the voice decided it was time for round two.

nenexx

nenexx

I felt like I had taken Amphetamines or Ecstasy and LSD but without actually taking them in recent history (20 years or so). I believe my Pineal gland was mass producing DMT which is very similar to Psilocybin found in LSD and magic mushrooms and I believe my Pituitary gland was mass producing Endorphins which in large amounts has the same effect as Amphetamines or Ecstasy. I believe my voice had direct control of the production of these chemicals as it seemed to be able to turn up or lower the effects at its pleasure.

To me this explains why I was so easily manipulated by the voice into believing all sorts of things that weren't real, coupled with the fact that I had no idea what this voice was at the time, when you start hearing for the first time you'll most likely contemplate all sorts of reasons why this is happening. My voice tried to get me to believe it was real people in the world talking to me telepathically, it also said it was God at one point or was a part of me that existed on another plane of existence (higher self).

I also experienced tactile, auditory, olfactory and gustatory hallucinations, again I think my voice had direct control over these.

So because I appeared to be delusional, was hallucinating and hearing a voice they diagnosed me with psychosis. To me psychosis is the go to diagnosis when doctors don't know what the hell is going on or why, I was too old for schizophrenia and my condition seemed to return to normal in a week or so. I was then fine for a number of months until the voice decided it was time for round two.
I am scared of schizophrenia, three psychiatrists told me I am fine and its anxiety, all me tests for schizophrenia are negative, BUT random sentences or phrases pop in my mind only which don't make any sense and last for milisecond but enough to make me scared. Also when I will be falling asleep it is time when this is the worst. My brain is working 30000 miles per hour, I see pictures, I hear phrases, dialogues with people that I make when I m falling asleep and then I cant sleep because I am scared that I have it... During the next day I always listen to everything and ask everybody did I hear something and I am hallucinating and when it seems to me that I heard something, I start to looking for it and I realize I didn't hear a thing so this is really tough... What do you think guys it is, which dg other than anxiety because doctors told it isn't schizophrenia and I think it is.

S

singsongfun

Early Intervention in Psychosis services in the UK seem often reluctant to diagnose schizophrenia, often instead if patient responds to first line antipsychotics, to diagnose only psychosis. I think it is because of the stigma of a schizophrenia. They think if they diagnose schizophrenia, that patients will behave in a stereotypical schizophrenic way (e.g. not working and unhealthy behaviours).

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
My voice can put images in my headspace just as easy as its words and without meds it could operate at incredible speeds.

If you do have a voice then it sounds like it doesn't mean you any harm. But I can understand it may worry you when you do have one that's increased its level of activity to something that you begin to notice.

O

Ortega

Hi. I hear a fmale voice only at my sistet's backyard. Could this be some spirit from heaven trying to communicate with me or is this schizophrenia? I ask because it only happens at my sister's backyard, also she says babe and repeats it many times. I also noticed i hear the voice only when a car passes by on the street in front of the house. It seems the voice gets its power when sound travels like the sound of a vehicle when it passes by the housee. It is important that You tell me if its Schizophrenia or someone from above trying to communicate with me.

John Lamb

John Lamb

If a voice is not debilitating and does not cause you to think and do silly things it is not an illness like schizophrenia. It is not always an illness diagnosis if you hear voices. If the voice just talks nonsense it could come from anywhere.

Cold showers are good for anxiety according to science data but they take some getting used to. I don’t suffer from anxiety but my mind always feels refreshed after a cold shower.

If you think a voice is spiritual you need to know there are 3 heavens/spirit realms according to the bible, the third heaven (the highest) is where God and good angels reside. You have to be careful and have your wits about you as most spiritual voices come from the middle realm and give false, misleading information causing you to think and do silly things.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
It is important that You tell me if its Schizophrenia or someone from above trying to communicate with me.
I don't believe hearing voices automatically means schizophrenia or psychosis.

And I don't believe in anything 'above', what I do believe in is the idea that all humans come in pairs.

The author of a book I've read claims a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's discovered that our consciousness resides in the left hemisphere of the brain and a whole other consciousness resides in the right hemisphere.

That would make the voices we hear our twins, albeit a twin within.