• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What personally causes your mania?

• Thread starter TheHeartHasAVoice
  • Start date
T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Does a thought trigger your mania? is it stress? is it a delusion? is it sleep deprivation? A big change? What is it?

I mean for your personal case not in general.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Does a thought trigger your mania? is it stress? is it a delusion? is it sleep deprivation? A big change? What is it?

I mean for your personal case not in general.
good things happening to me or my life trigger mania

also socializing in rl triggers it

spring and summertime too

T

Turtlewithhope

For me it’s clearly lots of things going on, stress, overwork and lack of sleep.

Blue85

Blue85

I think for me the trigger is when things get too much and there is too much stress.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Restless leg syndrome was the end result of my mania what caused it was anxiety in high levels and past unresolved depression hmmm

Zana

Zana

Stress and if anxiety festers too long and turns in to paranoia. Or it just happens when it likes, sometimes! What about for you?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Mine happened I think from sleep deprivation and excess stress. I was reading an article somewhere where the person was saying mania is not the opposite of depression but rather the peak of stress or a heightened state of anxiety. It's interesting because most of you and myself indicated that too. I don't think I saw mania that way before but it makes more sense now.

They were saying it's not the opposite pole as it has elements of irritability, agitation and other unpleasant emotions.

B

Babytike

For me to be HONEST sadly it was falling in love from my memory which lead to a big bad crash and pretty bad depression because nobody as yet to be found to love me really. Everytime it was falling in love. I FEAR mania badly. But also i fear getting fat so i do not take the meds. I need help finding ways to prevent mania from ever coming back to ruin my life again. I lose loved ones everytime😭💔 So far i have hope in eating right and taking the proper supplements along with a heart medicine called Cardevialol. Mania is my worst fear along with losing loved ones. If you drive the man crazy see he will LEAVE. I hate this disease. I have yet to make friends with anyone else like who has bi polar 1 along with dependent personality disorder plus a anxious attachement style. Current boyfriend don't like me all that much.... Totally sad but you'll have that in life esp if your me😭💔 I don't even cheat either but he has added driving him crazy on his list that now has only two reasons to end this relationship. Never loved Damit😭💔

B

Babytike

For me to be HONEST sadly it was falling in love from my memory which lead to a big bad crash and pretty bad depression because nobody as yet to be found to love me really. Everytime it was falling in love. I FEAR mania badly. But also i fear getting fat so i do not take the meds. I need help finding ways to prevent mania from ever coming back to ruin my life again. I lose loved ones everytime😭💔 So far i have hope in eating right and taking the proper supplements along with a heart medicine called Cardevialol. Mania is my worst fear along with losing loved ones. If you drive the man crazy see he will LEAVE. I hate this disease. I have yet to make friends with anyone else like who has bi polar 1 along with dependent personality disorder plus a anxious attachement style. Current boyfriend don't like me all that much.... Totally sad but you'll have that in life esp if your me😭💔 I don't even cheat either but he has added driving him crazy on his list that now has only two reasons to end this relationship. Never loved Damit😭💔
I must add that i have had a eating disorder that yes did trigger mania too. So it is totally nutrition related too.

Wishbone

Wishbone

For me it’s clearly lots of things going on, stress, overwork and lack of sleep.
Ditto. This, over a period of time, will almost certainly do it, but any large disruption in sleep pattern may be enough on it's own; I seem to be very sensitive to any changes in this area.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Stress and nothing...possibly being off of my meds. By nothing I mean that mania can just happen to me out of nowhere. It doesn’t take a special kind of event or happening for mania to happen. Is anyone else this way?

B

Babytike

Well Not really i feel mine was tied to what was happening. I not ever went into mania for no reason. So far all reasons was fall in love based. So i was in hopes if i stay away from love fall that it will stay away from me.

Kotter

Kotter

it's random for me.

lack of sleep is a sign that mania is coming on.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Stress and nothing...possibly being off of my meds. By nothing I mean that mania can just happen to me out of nowhere. It doesn’t take a special kind of event or happening for mania to happen. Is anyone else this way?
Hi, are you sure nothing? Doesn't your mania happen because of your thought process as well? I remember you mentioning something about fusing with a false reality in your mind and then going into mania (delusion or pensee).

Unless I understood incorrectly.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi, are you sure nothing? Doesn't your mania happen because of your thought process as well? I remember you mentioning something about fusing with a false reality in your mind and then going into mania (delusion or pensee).

Unless I understood incorrectly.
Yes I can enter mania out of nowhere for no reason. That other part you mention I don’t remember saying so I don’t think it is attributable to me. xo, j