• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What personality disorder i have?

T

Trentjet

Hi,I am 36 m living with parents.I never worked in my life.didn't earn ang penny I'm my life.I have severe fearful temperament.due to extreme fear of people places job I never worked .I have lost interest in life after 14. I don't have goals .
Currently I am on treatment for this which is not helping. I am on paroxetine and olanzapine. Olaz help me with sleep though .my psychiatrist says this medication should work and keep me giving this.I don't want to take different medication to see if that help because my body would be testing machine .
What to do?I am a frozen frog. Can't do anything. A living dead.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i dont know for sure, but to me it sounds like depression and anxiety. if your psychiatrist is refusing to change medication, it might be a good idea to try a different one if possible. well done for reaching out and being brave

Prozac1984

Prozac1984

Hi,I am 36 m living with parents.I never worked in my life.didn't earn ang penny I'm my life.I have severe fearful temperament.due to extreme fear of people places job I never worked .I have lost interest in life after 14. I don't have goals .
Currently I am on treatment for this which is not helping. I am on paroxetine and olanzapine. Olaz help me with sleep though .my psychiatrist says this medication should work and keep me giving this.I don't want to take different medication to see if that help because my body would be testing machine .
What to do?I am a frozen frog. Can't do anything. A living dead.
Sry to hear that :cry:
From your comment I would say it could be something in cluster C.
maybe avoidant, i saw a youtuber with this PD with a history that looked like yours.
My story looks a little bit like yours, despite being relatively more social.

I am 37 living with my brother, but depending on my father's help to pay the bills.
I did civil engineering, I am doing postgraduate studies, but I was still unemployed almost my whole life.
I recently discovered that in addition to my PD - OCPD,
I have cyclothymia (which explains my fluctuation of motivation) and my tendency to get addicted (I was already addicted to cigarettes, and marijuana, I used alcohol excessively,

I have a good circle of childhood friends, everyone has done well in life (doctors, lawyers, ..)
I have always made excuses for my unemployment, but at 37, everyone must have noticed that there is something wrong (although they never say anything to my face)...my girlfriend is also suspecting of something wrong (which terrifies me).

I recently bought a car and am working as an uber driver 😕

MY advice for you - search for a good psychiatrist and stay firm in the treatment, it’s slow but it’s the only way out of this downward spiral.

Best of luck ! 🤜

T

Trentjet

Sry to hear that :cry:
From your comment I would say it could be something in cluster C.
maybe avoidant, i saw a youtuber with this PD with a history that looked like yours.
My story looks a little bit like yours, despite being relatively more social.

I am 37 living with my brother, but depending on my father's help to pay the bills.
I did civil engineering, I am doing postgraduate studies, but I was still unemployed almost my whole life.
I recently discovered that in addition to my PD - OCPD,
I have cyclothymia (which explains my fluctuation of motivation) and my tendency to get addicted (I was already addicted to cigarettes, and marijuana, I used alcohol excessively,

I have a good circle of childhood friends, everyone has done well in life (doctors, lawyers, ..)
I have always made excuses for my unemployment, but at 37, everyone must have noticed that there is something wrong (although they never say anything to my face)...my girlfriend is also suspecting of something wrong (which terrifies me).

I recently bought a car and am working as an uber driver 😕

MY advice for you - search for a good psychiatrist and stay firm in the treatment, it’s slow but it’s the only way out of this downward spiral.

Best of luck ! 🤜
Thanks
R u Indian.?

S

sadgirl

We can not diagnose on here your best bet is too see your psychiatrist they will be able to diagnose you