• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What Ocean Do We Swim in Boys and Girls and everyone Inbetween?

Mark_01

Mark_01

Have never heard of a case where street drugs (like LSD) improve the lives of the mentally ill, have only heard that they can make a bad situation worse. And if you are mentally ill and homeless, you are not a shaman, you are mentally ill and homeless and need help; and joining the drum circle in Berkeley doesn't work. I just have a difficult time in believing that being mentally ill is some sort of enlightenment.

Last edited:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i agree with him. i think that there is the potential of healing & transformation within unmedicated psychosis (& other non-ordinary states) if allowed to process through & is properly understood & supported.

i've Not heard any satisfactory answer from the nay sayers/critics/defenders of biomedical psychiatry - as to what the genuine differences are between schizophrenia/psychosis & shamanism, & the correlations with mystical/visionary states? Other than social milieu & treatment response.

Kerome

Kerome

Have never heard of a case where street drugs (like LSD) improve the lives of the mentally ill, have only heard that they can make a bad situation worse.
Not LSD, but I have been hearing some very interesting material about people with PTSD and brain injuries being treated with ayahuasca and ibogaine sessions in the USA. Especially for veterans it seems to work, and as a treatment against addiction.

P

pansdisease

We are not shaman. It is interrelated though to shamanic things and happenings.

Those guys are probably out there talking to aliens right now.

You can see us, the schizophrenics, in certain films, bad films. And it sucks, i can watch one of these movies with this shit happening to me with someone and they don't know that is what im going through right now.

It is interrelated though to shamanism but is not shamanism. We're just getting the living shit kicked out of us basically, but yes it's spiritual in nature.

If you watch graham hancock's "angels, aliens, elves, and ayahuasca" video i have seen all of those things in my years as a schizophrenic torture victim. Im just getting murdered though, not a shaman at all. Psychosis was just them torturing me within, it was quite dark.

Help?