• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What now?

L

lostinsidemymind

I know I'm a newbie but I'm feeling a little hopless right now and could use some advice.

I was first diagnosed with clinical depression back in 2003 when I was 16. 6 years later at 22 I have been told I have major depressive disorder with chronic anxiety and something called psychomotor retardation.

I have spent the last 6 years taking different anti depressents. 5 different SSRI's and 1 MAOI. None of them have helped.

I've just finished a computerised congnitve behavoiurhal therapy course and am due to start group therapy for anxiety management although I am absolutely bricking it.

I have seen 3 different psychiatrists over the years, the last 1 of which I discharged myself from because she was controlling my entre life and trying to get my kids taken away from me.

I see my Dr once a month although recently have been cancelling appointments because he makes me really really uncomfortable.

Every night when I got to bed I say my goodbyes in my head because I know I won't wake up in the morning.
WHen I do sleep there is a man who haunts me in my dreams. He is a very scary deformed man and he tries to hurt me. Sometimes he is there when I am awake too.
I can't have my curtains open in my living room because people stare in at me.

I spend my days looking up death on the internet, I know this won't help my anxiety but I can't help it. I am obsessed with death.

I have no friends in real life and the ones I have on the internet always end up hating me because I am weird.

Sorry to go off one one but I just feel at the end of my tether. I feel I have tried everything and nothing is helping so now I am stuck.

What do I do next?

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member

I've just finished a computerised congnitve behavoiurhal therapy course and am due to start group therapy for anxiety management although I am absolutely bricking it.......
.Sorry to go off one one but I just feel at the end of my tether. I feel I have tried everything and nothing is helping so now I am stuck.

What do I do next?
Well, you've got the group therapy lined up....so I guess that's what's next?

You say you feel you've tried everything (and I've said that too) but really you haven't. There's always something else to try - a different therapist - different friends, whatever. Things that work better for you may be just round the corner. Hope you find them soon.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Well I'm afraid there certainly any easy answers. But the obvious omission from your list of treatments (I'm going on what you have listed) is any kind of one-to-one talking therapy (with a psycho-therapsist or better a clinical psychologist). Have you ever been referred for this sort of therapy?
I am afraid it can be a very long process to get the right treatment in some cases.

Nick.