• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What next?

F

ForeverLost2

Trigger warning.

Yesterday I tried to overdose. After the actions of paramedics I made a good recovery. I was allowed home under strict supervision. I dont even know how to feel anymore. This is my first time posting in a forum. I need to know how people got through this raw stage afterwards and how they recovered?

geraltofrivia

geraltofrivia

Hi ForeverLost2,
I am so sorry this is going on. I am glad that you are still with us. I experienced what you have just a few years ago. It was really difficult for me to feel anything, as you said. However, and I know this is cliche, but one of the main things that helped me was journaling. Just taking 30 minutes out of your day to write about how you feel, or don’t feel, what’s going on in your life that has caused you to feel good or bad, can make all the difference. I also tried to find things to occupy my time so I wouldn’t constantly be thinking about the bad things. I got into art, playing music, and doing little things like going for a drive, taking a walk in the rain and just feeling like I exist. I hope this helps. We are here for you.

F

ForeverLost2

Thank you for your reply. Knowing im not alone does the world of good. I will definitely try out some of your suggestions. I have waves of panic, I know its still raw but I'm struggling. Time is a good healer. Im glad you came out the other end, even talking on here is helping so thank you for being here

geraltofrivia

geraltofrivia

Of course! I’m glad I could help a little. Please let me know how you’re doing, and know that it’s absolutely normal to be experiencing panic and fear and everything you’re feeling. Like you said, YOU came out the other end, and that’s for a reason.

T

treasurebox

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting music in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Trigger warning.

Yesterday I tried to overdose. After the actions of paramedics I made a good recovery. I was allowed home under strict supervision. I dont even know how to feel anymore. This is my first time posting in a forum. I need to know how people got through this raw stage afterwards and how they recovered?
Do you have friends and family? Having people close that can give love and support is the best remedy after a bad episide.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Depression Forum 21