What mental illness make you feel physically unwell?

S

spacingspaces

Apart from anxiety what other mental illness really take a toll on your physical health? When i'm at my worst i feel really bad physically, i look really ill and i get so many health symptoms like sinus issues etc.. I think it's anxiety but i could have some other mental illness that's undiagnosed causing this.

Skynet

Skynet

Depression, for one. Also, I'd say that meds for several mental illnesses can have physical side effects.

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
depression just because I can't convince myself to do the most basic self care and I'll either starve or binge eat

also after having a very erratic mood swing or episode I'll feel physically and mentally drained

S

spacingspaces

Depression, for one. Also, I'd say that meds for several mental illnesses can have physical side effects.
the meds are what take away the physical affects for me. I think what happens to my body is quite rare actually. My mental health issues cause a whole host of problems for me physically. At one stage i thought i was diabetic or had autoimmune disease and i got lots of tests done but everything came back fine. When the meds are working for me all the physical stuff goes away

S

spacingspaces

depression just because I can't convince myself to do the most basic self care and I'll either starve or binge eat
Sorry that you have to go through that. I can relate. In a bad place at the minute and all i want to do is binge eat.
also after having a very erratic mood swing or episode I'll feel physically and mentally drained

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Some medications have nasty side effects that can make you feel unwell. I was recently put on progblin for anxiety but it has made my depression worse and I feel physically sick, had dreadful dry mouth, insomnia and general fed up with life feeling.