• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What meds are you on for voices

wollie

wollie

My pdoc is treating me for depression and think my voices will go away when he finds the correct meds for me, Its been 13 years now and he still hasn't found one to suit me,

OCDguy

OCDguy

Sometimes coping strategies help. Are you still being supported etc. :)

jackolantern

jackolantern

I was on Aripiprazole but now have been moved onto Risperidone 😶

Passionflower

Passionflower

Aripiprazole and haloperidol.

jackolantern

jackolantern

Hi PF, how do you find Aripiprazole, does it work for you ?

L

Lab rat

My pdoc is treating me for depression and think my voices will go away when he finds the correct meds for me, Its been 13 years now and he still hasn't found one to suit me,
Sounds like they’re treating you for psychotic depression... I was treated for that first, then when I was appy I was treated for schizoaffective. Then it settled on paranoid sz. I wish I could have my life over! Some decisions I have made were just plain crap! I learned to handle the sz by myself and none of the meds work for me. What could I have been and done if it were not for the meds continually wiping my memory and concentration. I could have had a phd by now, people I was at school with are doing so well in life, I feel mine is wasted!

sorry for going off topic 😡 to answer your question I’ve been on all the meds, for the last combination is olanzapine and aripriprazole... they do sod all! I handle my hallucinations by seeing (and hearing) through them. I handle my paranoia by burying it with logic. But it doesn’t work, the paranoia is still there and I have made changes to my life to account for that.

coming back to the psych depression bit, from what I gather, it’s easier to treat and the recovery rate is much better. I hope that’s the case for you and that you make a full recovery and leave these evil meds in the dust where they belong! 😊

wollie

wollie

Sorry to hear that @Lab rat, I was thinking of quiting all my meds because of the side effects too,
but every one around me wants me to stay on them.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm on Olanzapine 20 mg. I think modifying my thought patterns helped more than the medicines I've been prescribed. Changing my thought patterns has been the most effective and perhaps the drugs might have started working.. I'm not sure yet. To soon to tell.

L

Lab rat

Sorry to hear that @Lab rat, I was thinking of quiting all my meds because of the side effects too,
but every one around me wants me to stay on them.
im always on about coming off my meds, but seldom do. I would advise against it, unless you do it under medical supervision.

for me, they’re there for a reason and if I stop them I go to defcon 1 pdq! And that means a holiday, in prison or the psych ward. Don’t get me wrong, in the past, with family stress,sometimes I needed a holiday and stopped the meds knowing I would be away for a while 😉

also it’s not good for your brain and mind to do it. For years, you have added to your brain chemistry, if you take that away, your physical brain is in for a shock! You need to cut down gradually, over a long period.

before doing anything, talk to your pdoc! I found that the hard way!

Zero One

Zero One

Geodon and Abilify, the Abilify really helps, Geodon wasn't enough by itself.

Ras

Ras

i am currently on Risperidone. Doesn't make the voices go away but makes them easier to deal with