• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what medications are you on?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Still off the meds but now im feeling good and clear minded. Have new ferrets now! We have a wee stinky furry family going woop woop 😂

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

:hug:
Glad you are still here. I will be off for a couple hours, sorry...I have a child to tend to..Hope to see you again later or soon if not.
I have 2 of my own they are all that matter so go smother them in love

Zero One

Zero One

160 mg. He started me off on 40, when he increased it to 80 mg. I found that I have to take them in the evening before bedtime instead of twice per day. Then I was having anger issues so he doubled it. I still take it in the night but if I take it early in the evening I get drained while I still have things to do. I also found that I have to take it with small meals otherwise the medicine activates too quickly and I feel drained. Since he doubled it I also have the need for coffee in the morning. If I sleep longer, like on days when I'm not working, I'm okay in the morning...but I sleep 1-2 hours longer. I'm a bad case though... really bipolar and I have schizoaffective disorder and PTSD.
No longer having the need for coffee in the morning since the middle of last week but it is hell to actually wake up and get out of bed. Once I do that then I wake up quickly. Not sure if no longer needing coffee has to do with my changes in diet. I've been eating like a raw vegan.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
Seroquel
Klonopin
Effexor

been on this combo for 6 years or so now. if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have been on what seems like just about everything before. this has been most helpful. but I have always been curious about lamictal, never tried it.

Zero One

Zero One

Seroquel
Klonopin
Effexor

been on this combo for 6 years or so now. if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have been on what seems like just about everything before. this has been most helpful. but I have always been curious about lamictal, never tried it.
I loved lamictal. I am Bipolar and sometimes have extreme anger/ rage but lamictal/ Lamotrigine kept my anger in check and I felt normal. I had to stop taking it because when they doubled it, my legs started to swell really bad.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
I loved lamictal. I am Bipolar and sometimes have extreme anger/ rage but lamictal/ Lamotrigine kept my anger in check and I felt normal. I had to stop taking it because when they doubled it, my legs started to swell really bad.
thanks! I was thinking it might help with that little bit of residual depression that lies below the surface. had heard it had those properties. but my dr said let's not mess with what you are taking and risk messing things up when it is working for you. can't argue with that. but my dr died in June of covid!!! I am very worried that no one will give me the high dose of klonopin I take..and need. also bipolar I, cptsd, panic/anxiety. but this combo has been really good in comparison to any and all the things I have tried before.

Zero One

Zero One

thanks! I was thinking it might help with that little bit of residual depression that lies below the surface. had heard it had those properties. but my dr said let's not mess with what you are taking and risk messing things up when it is working for you. can't argue with that. but my dr died in June of covid!!! I am very worried that no one will give me the high dose of klonopin I take..and need. also bipolar I, cptsd, panic/anxiety. but this combo has been really good in comparison to any and all the things I have tried before.
Oh no I would be so worried. Sorry to hear that he died. :hug: I hope you get to continue with the same dose, I found that if something is working, a new and good psychiatrist will follow suit although they do certain checks to see if everything really applies to you. I really empathize with you. I have PTSD, Bipolar I and Schizoaffective Disorder. I get anxiety/ stress too.

I can see how lamictal can help with depression, it stabilized my mood (I should say moods) and made me feel normal.