• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What living with bipolar feels like for me

T

Ter

Hi I’m new here and thought I’d start of with a bit about me, I’m 29 mum of 2 and I have bipolar & anxiety I have started writing down how I feel and what living with mental health feels like for me does this relate to you?

You look around and everyone is moving on with life & your just stuck, stuck in a circle that you can’t escape you move forward but again you just end up back at the start. Your finally feeling stable but reality is your just on a high and you come back down with a mighty bang! You then find yourself physically & mentally tired, you can’t get out of bed, you go days without showering & sometimes even eating, you shut the world out and everything just looks dark there’s no light at the end of your tunnel. Your anxiety kicks in like never before and your scared, worried your heart is racing but you don’t know why. You start to wonder whats the point in fighting, your life is never going to change. you take daily medication but still your not stable. It can last days or weeks then as quick as that low hits you your back up with no worry’s in the world. That’s my life that’s my never ending circle. I fight daily with my mental health some days I win and some days I don’t but I’m here I’m fighting each day and holding onto that one day I’ll be living each day instead.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi I’m new here and thought I’d start of with a bit about me, I’m 29 mum of 2 and I have bipolar & anxiety I have started writing down how I feel and what living with mental health feels like for me does this relate to you?

You look around and everyone is moving on with life & your just stuck, stuck in a circle that you can’t escape you move forward but again you just end up back at the start. Your finally feeling stable but reality is your just on a high and you come back down with a mighty bang! You then find yourself physically & mentally tired, you can’t get out of bed, you go days without showering & sometimes even eating, you shut the world out and everything just looks dark there’s no light at the end of your tunnel. Your anxiety kicks in like never before and your scared, worried your heart is racing but you don’t know why. You start to wonder whats the point in fighting, your life is never going to change. you take daily medication but still your not stable. It can last days or weeks then as quick as that low hits you your back up with no worry’s in the world. That’s my life that’s my never ending circle. I fight daily with my mental health some days I win and some days I don’t but I’m here I’m fighting each day and holding onto that one day I’ll be living each day instead.
This is much of what I experience minus the anxiety. Thanks for sharing and welcome!

ness15

ness15

This sounds all too familiar! I'm a mum of 2 as well 😊