• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

what life lessons has sz taught you

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

• Schizophrenia may be considered a state of enhanced creativity.
  • Antipsychotics do more harm than good.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
that a friend in need is a friend indeed, that when people claim to be friends to notice whose there when the shit hits the fan

that drs will tell you a load of bullshit same with mental health workers and undoubtedly they feel they can justify it, that despite all the claims to be stabilised on drugs people including women will avoid you, that womens intuition is saying something else

that people will make promises when your there and they're emotions are involved that will be conveniently forgotton in the cold light of reason the next day

Daybreak

Daybreak

• To be more open to out there ideas. After you experience telepathy and other similar strange things, you definitely become more open to strange ideas.
  • To try to be aware of how I appear to other people. I'm kinda awkward (which is made worse by schizophrenia) so I come off strange. I try to tone it down a bit.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Keep your guard up. People even your own family and friends will mock you for it. Gaslight you. Some will even use you illness as a way to abuse you. For example my abusive mom had the nerve to try and be my conservator. I'm glad I fought against that. I was the only person in the family at the time with any income. She made me spend over one hundred dollars a month on her pain opioid medication. When I refused she hit me and said that if I didn't buy her meds she'd kick me out of the house on the streets. I didn't want to be homeless so I gave her the money. Not to long after that I saved up money and got my own place with my sis as a roommate. Plus I got a lawyer to vouch for me. If any of you have a parent or whatever so called "taking care of you" please question their motives? Is it really because they love you? Or do they want your money? Do they just want an easy job of so called taking care of you? Do they talk for you during appointments? Do you have control of your money? Do they make you feel bad or incapable? Remember you have a right to try and care for yourself. Record them. If they are breaking any laws go to the police and get a lawyer. Save for your own place. They hide behind that loving self sacraficing martyr parent attitude in front of others. While you're being abused and worked like a slave in your own home. I don't trust these parents at all. I wish I would have thought about recording evidence back then. I could have sued my abusive mom and had her sent to federal prison for the rest of her life.

It has also taught me that I have mental illness but they don't have me. I'm myself not my mental illness.

Please take care and be safe everyone. You are a human. Not your illnesses.
:peace: :grouphug::loveshower:

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Quick note. If they talk for you at your Dr. Appointments that's a red flag sign right there. You are the one with the illness. Not them.They can't read your mind either. You need to be the one speaking. That's an evil trick my mom used against me. Never letting me talk. Trying to make it seem like I was incompetent and incapable that I couldn't talk for myself? Watch out for that.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I am more humble now and appreciate that many people have a lot going on too.

I try to remember but sometimes it's hard to

M

Marion24

I know exactly what you mean. My parents were severely physically abusive ever since I can remember myself until I was 18. Their abuse gave me ocd, generalized anxiety disorder and made me suicidal. Now that I went no contact with them to heal they are using my mental health issues against me claiming that they are my saviors and that I need them. They have convinced everyone in the family that I can't take care of myself without them and that I'm basically nuts

Micsodi

Micsodi

I used to rely on intuition a lot. It's messed up, but I learned not to trust what I sense. Reasoning with myself all day.
Paranoia beats inferiority complex. :grouphug: