• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What kind of things do the voices say to you?

L

llittlelostlady

My voices stopped messing with me other than tactile feelings, they mess with everyone around me now saying I'm evil, I took over the world other unbelievable things people are brainwashed to believe.
Yeah mind poke, especially if I ignore them or when I am tring to sleep at night, they seem to like a lot of attention.

I think they are insecure.

L

llittlelostlady

But Ioouffs em anyway, they are kind of playful

L

llittlelostlady

They Seem mostly filled butis Peskie

Jam1990

Jam1990

When I notice a voice it is when I’m in a very bad place. When I’m extremely depressed and anxious I start to hear a voice that instructs me to harm myself and it has even instructed me to harm others before which then makes me feel absolutely shitty about myself. To be clear, I’ve never hurt anyone. Not even emotionally. Still though, the intrusive commentary makes me feel shameful of myself. The voice will even instruct me to drive into oncoming traffic. It will tell me that certain people are out to get me and that I should be afraid.

Sometimes it feels like a spirit or demon that has latched onto me. It’s a truly awful experience.

Thankfully I do not experience this a lot. It usually happens to me a couple of times a year during my low points. I think that I have really bad seasonal episodes that last a few weeks and then somehow I find a routine and get myself out of. I also take quetiapine which helps with my anxiety, depression, and paranoia. Can’t say that it helps with the voices, but if it keeps me stable, perhaps I won’t fall into it again.

Very interesting forum topic. Thanks for asking!

L

llittlelostlady

When I notice a voice it is when I’m in a very bad place. When I’m extremely depressed and anxious I start to hear a voice that instructs me to harm myself and it has even instructed me to harm others before which then makes me feel absolutely shitty about myself. To be clear, I’ve never hurt anyone. Not even emotionally. Still though, the intrusive commentary makes me feel shameful of myself. The voice will even instruct me to drive into oncoming traffic. It will tell me that certain people are out to get me and that I should be afraid.

Sometimes it feels like a spirit or demon that has latched onto me. It’s a truly awful experience.

Thankfully I do not experience this a lot. It usually happens to me a couple of times a year during my low points. I think that I have really bad seasonal episodes that last a few weeks and then somehow I find a routine and get myself out of. I also take quetiapine which helps with my anxiety, depression, and paranoia. Can’t say that it helps with the voices, but if it keeps me stable, perhaps I won’t fall into it again.

Very interesting forum topic. Thanks for asking!
Why do they make you shameful Of yourself?

My voices are just stray thoughts or dont share my feelings or belief systems at all so therefore I See them as separate to myself. In other words they are not a reflection of myself.

Ie They are set up for a narcissist but I am autistic, so an appearance if self absorption I have comes from a different place. I understand this and do not hate being autistic. My dad was autistic.

I feel for autistic People, they live in a world they cant express to anyone.
They can be beautiful inside and not be able to show it.

They live with physical sensitivities The world cannot understand

They dont Cope well with chaos, uncertainty, change.

The more schizophrenic I Become the more of an autistic child I become also.

My voices wanted a narcissist, they got an autistic child. I cant help that and I feel very sorry for Them.

It's so Sad

Jam1990

Jam1990

Why do they make you shameful Of yourself?

My voices are just stray thoughts or dont share my feelings or belief systems at all so therefore I See them as separate to myself. In other words they are not a reflection of myself.

Ie They are set up for a narcissist but I am autistic, so an appearance if self absorption I have comes from a different place. I understand this and do not hate being autistic. My dad was autistic.

I feel for autistic People, they live in a world they cant express to anyone.
They can be beautiful inside and not be able to show it.

They live with physical sensitivities The world cannot understand

They dont Cope well with chaos, uncertainty, change.

The more schizophrenic I Become the more of an autistic child I become also.

My voices wanted a narcissist, they got an autistic child. I cant help that and I feel very sorry for Them.

It's so Sad

I think I feel bad because of the thoughts that occur in my head when I’m hearing the voices. I don’t like having intrusive thoughts that do not align with my values. It makes me feel wrong or something even though I can’t help having the thoughts.

T

toto

In no particular order the most common things my voice says to me are the following...

"Please!?"
"Fuck you!"
"Come on!"
"If you stop I'll stop"
"You can't do this to me"
"This isn't fair"
"I can't do this"
"I've had enough"
"stop!"

He also says my name before or after each of these statements which adds up to a lot, I've roughly added up the amount of times he's said my name and it's around 40,000 times over the past four and a half years.

So my voice is whining, begging and being abusive most of the day and when he's not doing any of those three things he sings... badly.

He's stuck in the first four stages of grief which are denial, anger, bargaining and depression and in all the time he's been speaking to me not once has he even got close to fifth stage which is acceptance.
And to whom from your environment does such behavior correspond? Is the intonation similar to your mother's? I noticed that schizophrenia is often present in people whose parents demanded good behavior, controlled the child and manipulated him with sentences like "you're supposed to be smart, but do this ?!", "I love you and that's why you have to do / to behave ... "