• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What I've learned about my mental health

L

Luigia

The path to self-improvement isn't easy, just like I have doubts about whether I'll recover fully from mental health concerns, I realize that everyone has their own normality. I'm going to have bad days and I can't deny myself that, no ones asymptomatic in this life. I can't deny myself human emotions just because it's not a comfortable subject having relapses. I'm worthy of my own love and everyone's pace is and should be different. This is my recovery and recovery means adapting to situations mindful of my limitations, not because I'm sick, but because my journey is unique, as am I.

S

saha

The path to self-improvement isn't easy, just like I have doubts about whether I'll recover fully from mental health concerns, I realize that everyone has their own normality. I'm going to have bad days and I can't deny myself that, no ones asymptomatic in this life. I can't deny myself human emotions just because it's not a comfortable subject having relapses. I'm worthy of my own love and everyone's pace is and should be different. This is my recovery and recovery means adapting to situations mindful of my limitations, not because I'm sick, but because my journey is unique, as am I.
I totally agree with you . Self improvement path is very difficult . It took me 4 yrs to overcome my addiction but I am not fully recovered yet . Beside addiction I have depression , anxiety . I get anxiety attacks sometimes . It's really painful to overcome depression , anxiety . When I go back to past it just haunts me sometime . The pain is unbearable . I am in recovery but I don't know when I will recover fully . I am glad that you consider your journey is unique and yes everyone's pace is different . Have some patience that all I can say . Always think positive and love yourself . Self love is the only thing that we need in these cruel world . Have faith you will get there :hug1:

M

markprosso538

I hear you. It's very difficult for me to overcome my moods and refuse to take meds. I took them and they either made me even more anxious or depressed and caused massive weight gain. I'm trying to find other ways to find comfort. I want to say I'm worthy of love, but don't feel like I am a lot of the time. I agree with you saha, self love is very important in this life, it's like if you don't believe in yourself, then it's hard to gain anything. At the same time, if I don't have anything, then there's nothing to lose, which is freedom.

S

saha

I hear you. It's very difficult for me to overcome my moods and refuse to take meds. I took them and they either made me even more anxious or depressed and caused massive weight gain. I'm trying to find other ways to find comfort. I want to say I'm worthy of love, but don't feel like I am a lot of the time. I agree with you saha, self love is very important in this life, it's like if you don't believe in yourself, then it's hard to gain anything. At the same time, if I don't have anything, then there's nothing to lose, which is freedom.
Hello markprosso538 , I can relate to you . I know what are you talking about . The mood swings . For me it was very difficult to resist my urge to take drugs . Self control was very difficult for me . When I wasn't using every second was unbearable for me . I practiced meditation to divert my mind . I had to practice meditation for 3 to 4 hrs to clam down my mind . It's very very difficult . I took medicine but it made me sleepy all time . So I switched to meditation . At first I couldn't clam my mind after 4 hrs meditation but after sometime like a two or three months I felt a little better . I prayed to GOD and said take my pain away , give me peace for at least 5 min . All I can say if you don't want to take medicine then you have to fight harder . It's a constant battle between you and your mind . You said I want to say I'm worthy of love so you are in right path . Have a little faith and patience . Self love will come to you . :hug1:

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your words are so uplifting. :)

M

markprosso538

Hello markprosso538 , I can relate to you . I know what are you talking about . The mood swings . For me it was very difficult to resist my urge to take drugs . Self control was very difficult for me . When I wasn't using every second was unbearable for me . I practiced meditation to divert my mind . I had to practice meditation for 3 to 4 hrs to clam down my mind . It's very very difficult . I took medicine but it made me sleepy all time . So I switched to meditation . At first I couldn't clam my mind after 4 hrs meditation but after sometime like a two or three months I felt a little better . I prayed to GOD and said take my pain away , give me peace for at least 5 min . All I can say if you don't want to take medicine then you have to fight harder . It's a constant battle between you and your mind . You said I want to say I'm worthy of love so you are in right path . Have a little faith and patience . Self love will come to you . :hug1:
Thank you for your kind words. I've tried meditation and so many people have recommended it but can not focus long enough, maybe I'll give it another shot. 3 to 4 hours? Wow I can't imagine meditating that long. You're right about God, I've kind of drifted away from her lately and should reconnect. I don't know why I always watch dark stuff on tv and listen to dark music am just a verrry negative person. It's difficult to turn that around. For meditation, do you use youtube?

S

saha

Thank you for your kind words. I've tried meditation and so many people have recommended it but can not focus long enough, maybe I'll give it another shot. 3 to 4 hours? Wow I can't imagine meditating that long. You're right about God, I've kind of drifted away from her lately and should reconnect. I don't know why I always watch dark stuff on tv and listen to dark music am just a verrry negative person. It's difficult to turn that around. For meditation, do you use youtube?
Hello markprosso538, I want you to recover your mood swings, be happy and free from everything :) . I am with you and I am telling you my ways . How I tricked my mind to focus and not to use drugs anymore . To do so you have to meditate but it will not come easily at all . Right now due to mood swings you can't focus on your thoughts . Your mind will try to think negative all the time . It's okey . First you need to practice how to relax . Start slow relax for 10 min everyday . I did listen to one particular music for relaxation
[
] . Close your eyes and just listen to this sounds . Try to relax . If you fail it's okey . Try again and again and again and again . It's constant battle remember . After relaxation I practiced focus meditation using this music [
] . After sometime I felt numb like someone paused my mind . After that I started mindfulness meditation for love , trust and comfort .

It's very ,very ,very hard to win this battle but remember you have to win at any cost . I prayed to GOD for strength even cried for hours and hours to take my pain away . I will pray for you . Share your thoughts positive or negative with me anytime . I will listen and write you . May GOD give you strength to win this battle . Lots of love :hug1: