• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

what is your greatest fear in which you will die?

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
mine is being tortured to death. when i look back on it i used to be super worried of being tortured to death when i was a child. now that i look back on it. i hallucinated being in a biopsy room with a million utensils and nail drivers being driven in my mouth and all over my body. and having my nails pulled off one on my one and then having my fingers dismembered. yes, i worried about all this when i was 10. i also had a black cloud around me when i was 10. i seriously think I have a demon

and being eaten alive by a wild animal worries me

Finite

Finite

Drowning

I drowned as part of a ritual, which was horrific.

I experience nerve pain and it sometimes feels like my toenails are being ripped off one by one, so I can understand your fear of things like that.​

C

celticlass

I think it is as well to have no particular fear because what we are afraid of we can unwittingly attract.

Jakball

Jakball

My friend knows a guy who was 32 and he hopped the fence at a water park at night and when security was making their rounds, he panicked and got inside the support holding up the slide which is about 38 inches in diameter. I guess he thought he could hold himself up and pull himself out once they drove by but ( this is in middle of summer in Phoenix) and he was inside the pipe with his arms over his head. Well he started sweating and lost his footing inside the pipe and slid down to the bottom. It must have been at least 120° down inside that steel pipe but he panicked and started screaming and banging as best he could. Well the tube sounded like an amplifier so the security heard him but couldn't find him for like a half hour. He quit speaking to them after an hour and a half and it took 4 hours to dismantle the slide with a crane. He died covered in puke and had heat stroke. Horrible way to go. He was like 4 feet down. Screenshot_20200822-193040.png

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
I really do not care how I die however painful. I have fears of how I live. Like dementia further delusions/hallucinations. I have an incredibly high tolerance for physical pain higher than at least 90% of the population, but my emotional pain level is at like 20% if I am being honest.

Curses for gifts I suppose.

I have had conditions where I refused help, and doctors were like we were shocked you could walk with that due to the pain most people would be experiences.

Physical pain is like a cakewalk for me in all honesty.

Its emotional, and intellectual pain I fear.

Things like dementia and other such degrading of my quality of life. I would rather go through a very physically painful death than experience what I call the living death losing ones cognitive abilities, or god forbid becoming cripled to such a degree I cannot be self sufficient.

Livingsacrifice

Livingsacrifice

Beheading or stabbing. I suffer suicidal intrusive thoughts often. Instant deaths don't scare me too much. So my greats fear is being is being brutally stabbed to death.... but being torture would be pretty freaking bad, so I agree with OP as well.

**Edit: want to be clear, my suicidal thoughts are concerning passive suicide. During episodes, which have been more frequent in the past two weeks than they have ever during the last three years. No need to worry about that. I have been to hospitals for it, and I know my limit. I will gladly admit myself to ER if I know I am endanger.

Livingsacrifice

Livingsacrifice

I really do not care how I die however painful. I have fears of how I live. Like dementia further delusions/hallucinations. I have an incredibly high tolerance for physical pain higher than at least 90% of the population, but my emotional pain level is at like 20% if I am being honest.

Curses for gifts I suppose.

I have had conditions where I refused help, and doctors were like we were shocked you could walk with that due to the pain most people would be experiences.

Physical pain is like a cakewalk for me in all honesty.

Its emotional, and intellectual pain I fear.

Things like dementia and other such degrading of my quality of life. I would rather go through a very physically painful death than experience what I call the living death losing ones cognitive abilities, or god forbid becoming cripled to such a degree I cannot be self sufficient.
Didn't even think about the deterioration of the mind. 100% agree. That is a nightmare are well.

Michelle Kelly

Michelle Kelly

For me it's drowning ( as well as being a victim of violent crime ) It's basically a fear of suffocation and even when I hear that someone has died that way on the news, it makes me shudder when I try to imagine how terrifying their final moments were. Needless to say I'm not a water baby and haven't been swimming anywhere for about twenty years.

Oddly I don't have as big a fear of things like dementia, although it's certainly something I want to avoid.

Bod

Bod

For me it's dying in a fire, as very nearly got caught up in one.

S

Sugaree

I hope quick and painless but I don’t fear death itself

S

Salster

I fear life ,not dying.
Dying will be a relief so I don't fear it at all.
The only thing that stops me achieving death on my own, is the guilt of the stress that would put on others, dealing with situation.
So yeah the grim reeper will be welcomed at my door