• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What is your bipolar disorder symptoms with medication?

S

Sphrenoz

Hello everybody this is my first post here🙂
I have a loot of questions...😷

Little information about me:
Schizophrenic for 16 years now
Family - girlfriend, 2 kids, cat and a dog.
Spare time activity: listing to music.

I'm questing if my schizophrenia diagnosis is correct... Maybe it's bipolar disorder or schizoaffective? I now what the difference between bipolar and schizophrenia is... I have Google.

But 0 help from Google here...🤯
🤔What are the symptoms for bipolar disorder if you take medication that is working, (the most common scenario)???🤔

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. I think if the medication is working with bipolar then you get no symptoms much. I am diagnosed bipolar and have finally found a cocktail of meds which works for me but blunt me a little. I don't know exactly what you are asking. What makes you think you are bipolar possibly? Usually the psychosis is only when high in bipolar - but that said I get it when depressed.

JessisMe

JessisMe

If you are taking medication that is working with bipolar you will be out of mania and possibly a little depressed. You can still have mania when on medication however. This would be characterized by lack of sleep, racing thoughts, increased energy with the inspiration to do many things, talking fast, hypersexuality, very outgoing and social, overspending and sometimes delusions and psychosis. If you haven’t experienced these things you likely haven’t experienced mania. If you haven’t experienced mania then you don’t have bipolar depression. I’d run it by your pdoc anyway just to be safe.

Zero One

Zero One

Well I was watching something from some medical place some days ago and they were explaining the difference between scizophrenics and schizoaffectives and I was shocked. I always had the idea that schizophrenics were more psychotic and that is not true, and schizophrenics have less disturbances than schizoaffectives...they actually sleep better (which I really long for) and don't have this tortured state between mood and thought so they are able to keep more composed/recover faster from shock/impact that affects mood. When I finished watching that video I felt like I have the worst diagnosis ever 😂. I am schizoaffective and I also have Bipolar I. Even under medication one of the bipolar symptoms I have is uncontrollable/impulsive shopping.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Have bipolar 1 disorder for 30 years Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
kilroywashere21 I’ve Been Struggling With Bipolar Disorder Since 2015 Introduce Yourself 1
A Bipolar, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Aspergers Introduce Yourself 1
R Diabetes and Bipolar Disorder the perfect storm Introduce Yourself 2
K My Very Long And Worthwhile Journey With Bipolar Disorder Type One Introduce Yourself 2
B Bipolar with marriage issues. Introduce Yourself 13
Magenta_Crayon Hello! I love meeting other people that get me & understand how it feels to be bipolar!💗 Introduce Yourself 8
B Bipolar relationship possible? Introduce Yourself 4
firestorm Back from 2013 - Same Post as in Bipolar Forum. Just to be extra polite ;-) Introduce Yourself 3
C Schizoaffective, PTSD, Bipolar with psychotic features, and a host of other non helpful labels Introduce Yourself 6
J Bipolar and struggling Introduce Yourself 4
A New here, need support with my bipolar issues. Quitting risperdal!! Introduce Yourself 5
B 45 y/o Bipolar. High function, but a constant struggle Introduce Yourself 1
M Hello! Relationship Bipolar...? Introduce Yourself 1
B Hi all, am new here...husband to a great gal who has bipolar Introduce Yourself 3
K Hello, my name is Kate. I have bipolar Introduce Yourself 45
B Hello, new bipolar person here. Introduce Yourself 5
B Brain fog / depression / bipolar Introduce Yourself 22
F Schizoaffective bipolar - have no hobbies. Introduce Yourself 2
M Hi. Bad depression maybe bipolar Introduce Yourself 45
manicmonday Bipolar Bonjour Introduce Yourself 1
Clydol_17 Bipolar 1, diagnosed 2017. Introduce Yourself 9
T What living with bipolar feels like for me Introduce Yourself 3
shy guy Major depressive disorder Introduce Yourself 5
R Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 5
P Emotionally unstable personality disorder Introduce Yourself 4
A All-of-the-Above Disorder Introduce Yourself 6
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
T spitting foods eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
J Bi polar disorder Introduce Yourself 3
J Hello, im looking to chat with people with conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 2
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
A What disorder do I have? Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi i'm a borderline personality disorder sufferer and have felt stigmatised most of my life Introduce Yourself 14
H Reverse seasonal affective disorder Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi, I'm new. Any mums on here who have an adult child with borderline personality disorder? Introduce Yourself 3
Luna95 Eating disorder used as self harm Introduce Yourself 5
G Conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 3
LePlusBeau1 Living With Schizoaffective Disorder Introduce Yourself 9
J Looking for help with my son who has a severe tic disorder Introduce Yourself 4
D Anxiety Disorder Introduce Yourself 1
T MDD and mixed personality disorder can’t cope Introduce Yourself 4
C paranoid skizophrenic and suffering generalised anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 2
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2