• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What is wrong with my son?

J

jrhope38

Founding Member
For the past 18 years my son has been a problem. at 3yr he abused playmates and was kicked out of day care.elementary school he had conduct problems everyday. Middle school it only got worse in one incident my son manipulated 30 boys in beating another boy senseless. He acts if no one but himself matters and is very sadistic he also acts calm as if nothing is wrong with any situation that I find hostile I have also found him mutilating animals*cats*. Thats where I drew the straw I need advice on what I should do he denies anything is wrong with him. He steals from neighbors. 2 years ago he caught our nearby forest on fire. He drinks our alcohol and denies it. He manipulates any situation. He is very impulsive and very arrogant .He has sent 1 of our sons to the hospital 2 times. He is now 18 has been in jail once and from what I've been told beats his girlfriends. He denies it all even if we all know he is lying. I have found him to be very hedonistic and narcissistic. Also he feels entitlement for everything cars etc. Now at 18 yr old he has no real long term goals besides from his own words *I will rule the world* I am afraid for my son I need advice on what could be wrong with him and all these years I am ashamed of myself for never taking him to a psychiatrist. All in all over the years he has caused trauma and feels no regret. HELP!

D

Dollit

At 18 your son has now to find his own way into the system as he is an adult. No one here could, or should, make attempts at a diagnosis over the internet. Take advice from your doctor about how to cope with the situation.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This is definatly one for the proffessionals. All i can suggest is you see a gp asap

G

galwaygirl

Founding Member
If you want to know the truth I think your son is in desperate need of help. Yes you should have gotten help for him a long time ago and if he has no sense of guilt or remorse for anything he has done I think the work sociopath comes to mind.
Please get help for him and yourself too.

For the past 18 years my son has been a problem.
at 3yr he abused playmates and was kicked out of day care.elementary school he had conduct problems everyday. Middle school it only got worse in one incident my son manipulated 30 boys in beating another boy senseless. He acts if no one but himself matters and is very sadistic he also acts calm as if nothing is wrong with any situation that I find hostile I have also found him mutilating animals*cats*. Thats where I drew the straw I need advice on what I should do he denies anything is wrong with him. He steals from neighbors. 2 years ago he caught our nearby forest on fire. He drinks our alcohol and denies it. He manipulates any situation. He is very impulsive and very arrogant .He has sent 1 of our sons to the hospital 2 times. He is now 18 has been in jail once and from what I've been told beats his girlfriends. He denies it all even if we all know he is lying. I have found him to be very hedonistic and narcissistic. Also he feels entitlement for everything cars etc. Now at 18 yr old he has no real long term goals besides from his own words *I will rule the world* I am afraid for my son I need advice on what could be wrong with him and all these years I am ashamed of myself for never taking him to a psychiatrist. All in all over the years he has caused trauma and feels no regret. HELP!

G

Gromit

Founding Member
no help - just a cuddle

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
i would say that if you can see a gp or MH professional when you can as he seems as if his issues and ideas are taking over his life and making a real problem in his life i cant say what his particular issues are but i hope you are having a bit of a better time coping with his actions soon