• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What is wrong with my friend?

L

Law12

I am in law school and have a friend that I am curious/worried about. He is 27 years old and is in law school with me at a competitive school. Here is the background information

1. He drinks almost every night
2. He is fat/out of shape but does not care
3.He does not have too much personal hygiene
4. He is a jerk/narcissistic and will only hang out with people who he thinks are "cool"
5. He has not applied for any legal internships and refuses to do so
6. He does not study or go to class that often
7. He sleeps 10 hours every night and then takes a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day
8. He never seems too happy
9. I am his friend and I have secured a high paying legal job after school/work out daily/ and like to hang out with everyone. He gets annoyed with me when I do not hang out with he and our normal friend group. He also makes jerk/mean comments to me that dumbfound me as I seem to be one of his only few friends.

He is 27 years old and I am somewhat intrigued as to what is wrong with this person. Is he just lazy? or do you think there is some sort of underlying problem.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

He just sounds like he needs to mature slightly. I don't think he's mentally ill.
I can appreciate your concern with him, but I don't think it's your place to worry about him.