• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

What is Wrong with Me?

E

Eppy

Hi,

I have been having significant problems with my mental health over the last 2 years. I was hoping that someone could clarify what may be wrong.

First of all, every day I go through a series of mood swings. In the morning when I wake up, I am often a little too energetic, with hypersexual and racing thoughts. Then at some point my mood comes crashing down, and I feel low and a bit suicidal. Then later my mood may come back up, and the circle continues.

As far as I can see, that may be minor bipolar disorder. Could it be anything else? But the next problem is one that I am very confused about. Many days, I will enter periods in the day when my mind suddenly becomes very "clouded". I feel like I'm disconnected from reality and that everything around me is a million miles away. I even lose a sense of connection to myself, feeling as if I don't know myself anymore. When I'm in this state, I have a tough time socializing, because my mind feels like it's running at a really slow rate. I can barely talk to people or do any school work. When I look in the mirror, I look kind of zombie-like, and always have bags under my eyes.

Sometimes this state lasts for hours, until it slowly lifts and I feel a little more normal again.

What could it be?

Thanks for any input.

J

jamesdean

hi

hello eppy, that seems like a lot 2 cope with i can help with some of it, but i'm not 100% sure if it is more spesific stuff that needs help dealing with. I know when i was younger, i did have an awful lot of mood swings 2 deal with, though i wasnt bi polar, but i would go very deeply in2 suicidal ideation 4 long periods days even, n i would find it difficult connecting with other people, i would just not get involved in a conversation because i just couldnt keep up, i would still b thinking about something said 5 or 10 minutes ago n then people think i was saying something completely random because it had been 4 gotten what had been said. hope this helps jd

D

Dollit

No one here can or will give you a diagnosis. The only person who can do that is a doctor. It's dangerous to speculate on what may or may not be wrong. It's a bit scary going to the doctor with this sort of stuff but it's the best thing to do and then we can support you once you know exactly what's going on.