• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What is wrong with me? How can I get help?

J

jod888

I don't know if this is considered ocd but every since I was younger I've always had these innapropriate uncontrollable thoughts that just pop into my mind. At first they were mild and went away when i was about 10. Then about when i was 14 i started getting them again. And at 15 they became a daily, if not hourly obsession. It's hard to explain. Everytime something good happens to me my mind subconsisouchsly trys to ruin it. Or I'll try to convince myself of these crazy conspiracy thories. The innapropriate thoughts I know are something that I myself think of but i don't want to. Does anyone know what I am talking about? This is becoming very serious and I need help. If anyone could help I would be very grateful. I just need to know what the next step that i should take is.

gray

gray

You don't get any of the compulsive behaviour? e.g. double checking things like taps are off, then maybe walking away, then turning round and walking back to check it again etc.

If you don't get those kind of physical compulsions and just intrusive thoughts it could be that you have what is known as "pure-O" OCD.

Take a look here for some quick extra information on what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purely_Obsessional_OCD

If you think you have a problem you should see a doctor and explain to them and see what they think.