• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What is wrong with him?

MissPink

MissPink

I have been seeing a guy for 3 months now, he is a bit strange at times, I can't put my finger on what is up with him. I have a few friends that are ill through stress and drugs and they are on medication. It never crossed my mind to think he may be on them as his body language is difficult to read and he's very stiff. I try not to judge everyone and think they are all on medication which is not the case. I only wondered if he was because of what he told me he was suffering from.

He takes blood pressure tablets and he sees people in the room in the bedroom that are not even there. He first said it was his mum that was seeing stuff, then I found out he was the one taking them and he was experiencing hallucinations. He's a cloak and dagger man, very secretive.

We once went out two weekends ago to London, we passed this random man in the street, he turned left so we went past him. We walked all the way down he stopped half way and said "Wait there, keep walking till you reach the bottom of the road, don't stop!!" I said what are you up to? "KEEP WALKING, DON'T STOP!!" He ran up this road then left to follow this man, it was really weird, we wasn't really talking to each other than evening, I thought he was going to leave me as I thought he was moody. After 15 minutes he walked back down and acted like nothing happened. I said who was that man? he said "I thought I knew him, but I didn't" I said So, you ran all that way up to follow that man? he said yes. I said did you approach him? he said no.

Another occasion like today, I was showing him I was with my mum in the car test driving a not so new Mercedes and it drove so beautiful smooth suspension! He asked how much was my mum's car, I told him and he said I find it odd why did you search up the value of my car? I said I didn't? he said I thought you told me you did? I said, we are not talking about your car? but you wanted to know about my mums car? he said I didn't want to know the car value I just wanted to know what you knew about it.

Very odd behavior. I was in his car last Saturday and only told him by chance, I looked at the model of his car and some had good deals on second hand ones, It's basically a 2005 Maserati coupe, different, (I have never seen one before and me being a petrol head and interested in motors since I was younger), I was keen to see how much they were. Obviously every model has a different price even if it's the same year due to it's spec and engine size. But he went mental and acted really weird through whatsapp. Even though it was part of conversation starter as he never chats anyway. He seemed fine in the car. If someone is a petrol head and takes a interest in cars ofc they are going to talk about that subject. I had one on my goals board way before I met him!

I think it's paranoid behavior, would you say? he's 51 and says silly stuff and jokes about and will say after I say, I am saving up to get my own place. He will say, I thought we were moving in together? I said no. Don't joke. Then say, I am not joking, I am being serious! He is full of shit because I haven't been to his place, "apparently" lives with his mum! and makes up this fantasy fairytale that we are going to "trial" out living with each other!

He has a property portfolio and spends hundreds or possibly thousands a month, every weekend booking lavish hotels and spending money on meals out. He was thinking about buying a brand new Maserati $150k not cheap, I said what about getting your own place first?! he said he is in no rush just yet, he will buy next year!

He has his hair shaved off, so its smooth like a skinhead. He will spend up to 45 minutes up to a 1.5 hours in the shower, longest I have ever known. He will wash his head with shampoo and conditioner even though he has none? is that normal? he washes himself too much in the shower at least 3 times.

For instance if things don't go according to his plan he will go moody and be unresponsive towards me.

I wont be with him that long as he's too difficult.

Sorry I am not trying to moan, just so you all can figure out what you think maybe wrong with him?

jajingna

jajingna

No idea but he sounds odd. As you say, you won't be with him long.

L

LadyDomino

He MAY have some kind of pychosis - but that needs to be properly diagnosed. Does he recognise he has a problem?

Is there any sign he may become violent?

I'm not sure I would be staying with him either.

MissPink

MissPink

He MAY have some kind of pychosis - but that needs to be properly diagnosed. Does he recognise he has a problem?

Is there any sign he may become violent?

I'm not sure I would be staying with him either.
Thank you for replying.

I wondered if he had the borderline of pychosis or something. He is very controlling and if he doesn't get his own way he blows hot and cold.

He made out his mum was on blood pressure tablets seeing things and now I have realized he has been the one seeing stuff. As he once told me he woke up and saw a 1800 Victorian women right by my side. Which was weird.

He wont admit he has the problem you see. I wont be with him much longer I think he's been leading me on to get sex from me.

MissPink

MissPink

No idea but he sounds odd. As you say, you won't be with him long.
I feel he just went out with me to get me into bed by pampering me at expensive hotels. I told my male friends and they couldn't believe he doesn't live by himself. They think he could have another women and that he's not careful with his money.

I can't stand these moods and the demands. I rather just let go and be free.

L

LadyDomino

I can't stand these moods and the demands. I rather just let go and be free.
I think you know what you need to do.

He needs help, professional help. That is not your job. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but thats the way I see it.

MissPink

MissPink

I wrote a list of what I liked about him and what I don't. Both lists are long. I have become needier since I was unwell. Now I am back on track I feel I don't need a partner as such and then I become indecisive and then I stay. Too afraid of being on my own I think because of my mental health that was the reason.

We will see.