• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what is this?

C

confussedgirl

I have been wondering this for about 6months, if i am depressed or maybe manic depressed and would like anyone who suffers if they can relate to this. I started feeling down but i thought this was because i was unemployed and was in a troubled relationship. But then it got worst to the point where i couldnt leave the house cos i was too depressed and anxious. These has been improving but I still dont feel myself. Sometimes my mind is racing,i cant think straight, i will go to bed and lay awake and tap my foot or get out of bed and pace around. usually i can sleep by 4 and get up at 10ish.
Other emotions i felt are no motivation, no patience, losing my temper, cant concentrate on anything, I felt happy for a few days but it was maybe too happy like i couldnt contain it, I was like "yes I can do it!", I seem to feel emotion to the extreme. I have days when I want to shut myself away from the world and other days when I want to motivate myself, plan something, but i never go through with these things. I dont go out much and scared to drive my car. I cant make decisions ever and it become a problem any thoughts welcome oh and I dont really like docs thats why i havent been x

gray

gray

Obviously I'm not a professional but to me it doesn't sound like bipolar, just sounds more like depression.

Though from what you have said if you are bipolar I would say that you sound like you experience hypomania. Meaning you would have bipolar with mild manic episodes.

As always if you think you have a problem seek professional help from your doctor.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi Confussed girl and welcome to the forum:welcome:

As you are no doubt aware no-one can possibly diagnose over an internet forum as to what is causing your problems. It could be any number of things as the mind is very complex indeed. Your first stop needs to be your GP who can if needed refer you to your local mental health team for a full screening.

Do stay around the forum though as you will get lots of support.