• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What is the worst aspect of this illness for you?

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

How this can isolate us. ..

We have to fight through just for others to understand.

Those moments where all we can hear is ourselves breathing.

Like life continues. And we feel frozen.

Few understand. How hard we fight for normal decency.

B

belmo

Isolatioon. I also became incredibly lazy. Avolition? I'm not sure... I hate myself.

Funnyday

Funnyday

It's the voices for me. If I didn't have them. I would be able to do so many things.

L

Lab rat

I don’t tell people my diagnosis or explain myself.

the few people in my life that I am close to know.

the part I hate most are the cognitive symptoms. My brain feels like the most complex computer, and there’s no instruction manual. I think about everything and nothing. Science, technology, engineering and mathematics come easily to me. Art, creativity and anything esoteric are impossible. I just wish for one day my mind would function normally.

EarthChild

EarthChild

My avolition (lack of motivation) is worst aspect for me. I feel useless. Failed at so many things normal people take for granted - going to university, working, getting driving licence, proper hygiene and so on. Because I'm not motivated enough.

Voices come and go. Mood swings come and go. Even depression comes and goes. But avolition remains. This feeling of emptiness...

B

belmo

My avolition (lack of motivation) is worst aspect for me. I feel useless. Failed at so many things normal people take for granted - going to university, working, getting driving licence, proper hygiene and so on. Because I'm not motivated enough.

Voices come and go. Mood swings come and go. Even depression comes and goes. But avolition remains. This feeling of emptiness...
Avolition. I have completely no goal in life.

Finite

Finite

Now that's a difficult question to answer, as like other people have posted, there are so many aspects about all this that I really struggle with. If I had to choose one though, it would be still being able to remember what it was like before the door to this realm opened, letting in all that it did and not being able to shut it again.

N

natalie

my worst problems for me are hearing voices, anxiety and paranoia.

I am under med control for all 3. So I don't have too many problems, or I don't suffer too badly. However, I do suffer with fr om t ime to time, external triggers, for instance, helicopters, very low very loud sounds, and my mental healt h goes beserk, on a short term very short term temporary basis. Until when I'll resume with my music and knitting, and I am then much better. I do have less helicopters now, than I used to.

K

karl7

the worst part fro me is twofold.....headwrecking voices who either abuse, criticise or headwreck me all the time or on the other hand command hallucinations telling me to do crazy stupid things is a pain in the as* too.....my omly hope are anti psychotics

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Schizophrenia Forum 1
Finite Schizophrenia Forum 16