• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What is the point?

MagicJay

MagicJay

This is just my trails of thoughts of what tonight I can't stop thinking about.

I understand the science behind why we exist, but what is the point honestly we have this set amount of time to do with as we will before we die. most people spend a lot of this time working a 9-5 job 5 days a week for a piece of paper that allows them to not live but survive, all this time wasted working for something we created and used to control us. At the end what does any of it actually mean in reality it means nothing at all.

So we keep fighting this everyday struggle, all this hurt and pain from this hell we call life for what? I know your meant to take the good with the bad but what if its all bad the moments of joy and happiness are just a distraction for us to pretend we like been alive. We suffer all the way through life till the end then we add more suffering to people we leave behind and the circle just carries on with them.

The actually good kind people don't belong in this world, with all this suffering, cruelty, killing the list is never ending. I'm not a good person so maybe this world is just a punishment maybe that is the whole point of this life to make us suffer for the horrible monsters we are. I just don't understand how people can enjoy the good when there is always a bad.

None of this probably doesn't make any sense at all, just trapped with my own mind.

DavidJames

DavidJames

The world is a trap for souls. The creator spirits do not like us ever to ever recall the things we have seen when we are dead. There is not any hope at all unless you think you can exist as a soul undetected to them, and understand the tongue souls speak that the creator spirits cannot hear. You must hide in death from them and get the most out of life while you can so your soul will be happy always when you are dead and not come to earth again seeking rebirth because it ran out of happy memories. Get happy memories, they are like food and water and they keep your soul from being born into this world of awful suffering ever again. Good luck, man.

Kerome

Kerome

I think an 'in my opinion' might be warranted there, DavidJames.

Almost every religion or cult you look at is going to have a different opinion about what 'the point' is. Most of them don't have a lot of legitimacy, basing their beliefs on holy books of dubious historical provenance, or on the truth as revealed to a single man. I'm not sure I could advise anyone to place a lot of faith in them.

I do have to give a nod to Buddhism. It's an entire belief system built around the ideas of enlightenment and freedom from suffering. It's an impressive body of work, leading to freedom within and from the mind. It's worth a look if you're searching for a point to life.

If you really do want to know a little more about what the point is, I would start by looking into Near Death Experiences, the books of Eben Alexander and Raymond Moody. Then eventually some of the inter life work being done with hypnosis - this needs taking with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting. Then you start getting a glimpse of how things might be.

I believe we all have a purpose here on this Earth, some key things we are here to do, experience and learn. What those are probably varies from person to person.

chazxxx

chazxxx

Makes a lot of sense. Wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. Feeling somewhat trapped too.
Just wanted to say your not alone in your thoughts. :hug:

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Cut to the chase....

indulge yourself and edify your mind...

read The Outsider by Camus

then come back and share your impressions. I'd be interested.

MagicJay

MagicJay

I think an 'in my opinion' might be warranted there, DavidJames.

Almost every religion or cult you look at is going to have a different opinion about what 'the point' is. Most of them don't have a lot of legitimacy, basing their beliefs on holy books of dubious historical provenance, or on the truth as revealed to a single man. I'm not sure I could advise anyone to place a lot of faith in them.

I do have to give a nod to Buddhism. It's an entire belief system built around the ideas of enlightenment and freedom from suffering. It's an impressive body of work, leading to freedom within and from the mind. It's worth a look if you're searching for a point to life.

If you really do want to know a little more about what the point is, I would start by looking into Near Death Experiences, the books of Eben Alexander and Raymond Moody. Then eventually some of the inter life work being done with hypnosis - this needs taking with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting. Then you start getting a glimpse of how things might be.

I believe we all have a purpose here on this Earth, some key things we are here to do, experience and learn. What those are probably varies from person to person.
I'm not a religious person but I do admire buddhist, like you I also used to believe we all had a purpose, fate would lead us to our purpose but I don't believe or think like this anymore.

Cut to the chase....

indulge yourself and edify your mind...

read The Outsider by Camus

then come back and share your impressions. I'd be interested.
I've ordered the book today I'm a bit of slow reader but will definitely post here after finishing it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 4
H Other 1