What is the difference?

C

CrunchyMand

I am diagnosed with recurring psychotic depression. I am meant to be taking anti- depressants. I am on riperdal consta depot and on a community treatment order to enforce medication on me. The doc tells me I have delusions, I hear voices, I see things, I know God has a purpose for me and I am being tested by the devil. I have very low mood, no motivation, poor sleep. poor appetite and frankly am giving up. I have been suffering with my current episode since last year.

What I want to know is what the difference between psychotic depression and schizophrenia?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello and :welcome:
Sorry I don;t know the difference but I was on respiridal (respiridone). It made me numb and forgetful - I hated it.

Don't give up, keep posting here and perhaps getting some tension out will help you.

I have had my current bout of illness now since last year - but I must keep trying, there may be something great waiting.
I know how you feel truly I do and it is very hard - but don;t give up.
:flowers:
KS

P.S - Have you stopped taking your anti depressants? You should carry on with them whatever something else might be telling you.

C

CrunchyMand

I stopped taking my ad's 2 1/2 weeks ago. I refused my depot 2 weeks ago and was recalled to hospital where they pinned me down to administer it. my depot was 2 weeks overdue. I believe my blood is poisioned by my medication and want to get through this without any medication.

Last edited:
keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey,

I understand that medication is not always what we want - I struggle with the issue too - but sometimes it has got to be better than suffering even more. Please rethink about the meds, maybe at the moment you need to be taking them - just for a wee while?

If you broke your leg you wouldn;t talke the plaster off and suffer with it dangling about all over the place and with severe pain would you.
Take Care
KS:hug:

T

Twylight

Hello and Welcome - perhaps it was God that brought us all here ?

D

Danage

Hey,

I understand that medication is not always what we want - I struggle with the issue too - but sometimes it has got to be better than suffering even more. Please rethink about the meds, maybe at the moment you need to be taking them - just for a wee while?

If you broke your leg you wouldn;t talke the plaster off and suffer with it dangling about all over the place and with severe pain would you.
Take Care
KS:hug:
That is a very good point.

Personally I don't see the value of medication over other methods, but that's just me.

F

firemonkee57

I am diagnosed with recurring psychotic depression. I am meant to be taking anti- depressants. I am on riperdal consta depot and on a community treatment order to enforce medication on me. The doc tells me I have delusions, I hear voices, I see things, I know God has a purpose for me and I am being tested by the devil. I have very low mood, no motivation, poor sleep. poor appetite and frankly am giving up. I have been suffering with my current episode since last year.

What I want to know is what the difference between psychotic depression and schizophrenia?

With psychotic depression the psychosis occurs during a major depressive episode but with schizophrenia psychosis is not dependant on there being a major depressive episode.

This article from 2004 suggests it may be related to schizophrenia

D

Danja

I'm on 1mg of risperidal, and I believe it makes me feel good.I think you should stay on, atleast until you get better.

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

Hello
sorry i don't know the difference but i was on risperdal for a year and it really helped me once i found the right dose for me. i also hear voices and have seen things, and the risperdal helped with that a lot and made me more relaxed. i hope it can help you to, don't give up.

J

jamesdean

I think this mh thing is so hit n miss all the time by the mh services they seem to do just whot they want when they want to, the truth is they are all to F**ked up them selves n all their traning dosent really mean jack all.

Sorry excuse me its just when you try to get their help they dont want to know n if you dont want the treatment then they force it on you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Schizophrenia Forum 4