What is Possible?

M

millen_rally

I think it is time to ask this question publicly, with a certain amount of strength and volume: How did humanity handle non-ordinary states of consciousness and perception for the first 195,000 years of our species?

From the archeological and anthropological record, from all over the world, human beings actually developed systems and lifestyles that incorporated non-ordinary consciousness and perceptions. These first systems were developed and were carried to every corner of the world. Typically called 'shamanism' by the West, it is still practiced to this day all over the world in tribes and communities as diverse as New York City and The Amazonian river valley, with remarkable similarity, no mater the distance or isolation of the practicing communities. It is the basis of spirituality, religions and philosophical inquiry world wide.

What if, instead of capturing, sectioning, drugging, putting on the dole, warehousing in the community, into the nursing homes and then the crematorium those that have non-oridinary consciousness and perceptions ... What if room was made for our perceptions and state of consciousness? What if instead of being as labeled and stigmatized as degenerate, criminal, or sick ... we could be seen as valuable members of community that have insight and access to the human condition, and that is the basis of probable great contributions to what can be a greater civilization?

I think, therefore I have hope. This is what makes me human and leads me to postulate there is possibility as long as we do not discount our roots.

M

millen_rally

" 31 He presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; 32 and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that THE BIRDS OF THE AIR come and NEST IN ITS BRANCHES."