What is it about the dark?

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I'm sure lots of us like to sit in the dark. I know I do, but I also feel closest to "right" at night. Is it just our depression or what? I wonder if the dark has a therapeutic effect? I have black out blinds AND black out curtains on my window and have considered painting them black too but I get paranoid and peek out of them too often.

J

Jonathan_P

Personally I sleep with the light on and in my clothes. (Probably something from my past.)

Jonathan

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I'm sure lots of us like to sit in the dark. I know I do, but I also feel closest to "right" at night. Is it just our depression or what? I wonder if the dark has a therapeutic effect? I have black out blinds AND black out curtains on my window and have considered painting them black too but I get paranoid and peek out of them too often.
I don't know but I am exactly the opposite, sort of

my lowest points ALWAYS during dark hours, specifically early morning, like right now as I'm typing this. :( you can set your watch to it. Mornings are Hell.

As the day goes on it lifts but the more past midnight it gets, down it comes

probably something to do with your stress hormones.

I'm convinced some ppls brains are A brains and some Z brains - neither good nor bad but the same drug will have a Reverse Effect on some to others

it would help if they actually LOOKED at the thing - brain scans during your Personal Hell Hours vs your Personal OK Hours - but no - they cross their legs and stare instead :(

P

pansdisease

Spirit sarcastically goes "What's dark?"

They don't have the ocular visions that we possess.

They can see in what we call the dark, to them there is no dark, doesn't exist with the ways their bodies operate.

"Right" - That which doesn't break you, harm you, make you sick, kill you. "Wrong" - Breaks you, harms you, makes you ill, and kills you. The word "evil" had a mundane definition back in the day, right and wrong and evil just had to do with what helps our bodies or what breaks them and causes pain.

I walk in the night usually because everyone hates me so much. Some say it's dangerous, suspicious, or even sinister. But my intentions make it pure. The day time can be just as sinister, depends.