What is going on? What IS this?

B

BHLHWGTCKIT

OK - I have had general low level anxiety for probably 10 years now, as a result of some long term trauma exposure. (I now realise - god how little I knew about my mental health back then - I thought I was indestructible!)

In the past 12 months I have had some episodes of high anxiety in the form of panics / flashes of impending death etc and also night terrors.

I can kind of rationalise and self treat those - with some mental respite and awareness.

However, what brings me to this forum is that I have now also had 3 or 4 episodes of 'out of body' experiences where I am - just for a short flash - not 'me' but something completely random, and somewhere very threatening.

So for example, I am an insect - and feeling I am looking at the world through an insect perspective, but with human consciousness. Or I am floating in space in a different part of the galaxy unable to do anything but acutely aware of where I am. I am not centered in me the person, but lost in the random events of the planet and universe.

These are terrifying. They are not fun imaginative adventures, but genuinely terrifying. They tend to occur when I am quiet and alone, perhaps reading a book or listening to a book in the evening.

Can anyone else relate to these experiences??

PS - I use NO drugs. I take vitamin pills and st johns wort. I drink alcohol in moderation 2 or 3 times a week.

J

Jules5

Very understandable. No worries just accept what is happening. No Fear.God is with you promise. Sometimes our journeys are unacceptable-we deny what is happening and only wish Its not me!!!!!! Yes I can relate to what is happening to you. And I do Care about you. No one needs to go through this crap. I say this because we can overcome our delusions. How just njoy the good things in life. I have running hot water 75 % of the world does not. They drink from sewage water. We have to think of others. Believe me your neighbor could be suffering. Love ya

J

Jules5

If and when we become selfish about
who we our and what we our going through we become worst off. It is not A one person world Thank God

J

Jules5

God knows I am not by myself in this world-I would be self destructive

J

Jules5

I love input opinions Makes me think outside of my myself

ThatSinkingFeeling

ThatSinkingFeeling

I am diagnosed with BPD, alongside PTSD and other things, and am prone to out-of-reality experiences, sensory episodes, hallucinations, flashbacks, etc.

I feel I am just able to keep one foot in the real world thanks to self-awareness, meds, and support. Some of these experiences can be very intense however and often difficult to convey to others.

In one of my 'episodes', everything felt wrong. My bedsheets, the carpet, the leather chair, my clothes, my hair; physical sensations were heightened and everything felt... 'fluffy' or 'fuzzy'. My brain was a pink raincloud filled with water tied to my body by only a fluffy umbilical cord. It was floating high acres of open fields yet always close behind my body which had grown invisible. I was living at my parent's house at the time and tried telling my mum; apparently I was talking in an erratic and broken way and made little sense yet I have that particular memory of it.