• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What is Cyclothymia?

h_put2021

h_put2021

I was told the symptom that differentiates mania and hypomania is psychosis (hearing voices or sounds that aren’t real, feeling super powered, basically losing touch with reality)
Yes — that’s what I meant by delusions. That’s part of psychosis. Believing things that aren’t real or disassociating from reality. I’ve never had hallucinations though.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I was told the symptom that differentiates mania and hypomania is psychosis (hearing voices or sounds that aren’t real, feeling super powered, basically losing touch with reality)
I am diagnosed with bipolar two and still get voices and occasional delusions so I'm afraid that isn't the case. I know that in all the books they say that but its not in reality according to my psychiatrist

h_put2021

h_put2021

I am diagnosed with bipolar two and still get voices and occasional delusions so I'm afraid that isn't the case. I know that in all the books they say that but its not in reality according to my psychiatrist
Agreed. and the diagnosis is not "one size fits all." I also have Bipolar II and have similar symptoms as you mentioned.