• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What is agoraphobia?

W

Wolfy123

Hi guys,

So I did slight research on what I might have. And I think it might be agoraphobia.

Can anyone tell me more about it?
Share experiences?
Maybe have some tips on how you can deal with it?

I'm struggling, I'm very lost right now and it would be nice to know that I'm not alone😥

Bod

Bod

Really you need to talk to your doctor as they might be able to diagnose you better and help, but from what I know Agoraphobia can be a fear of being away from your home or standing with a group of people plus a fear of transport of any sort. Hence why you need to see your doctor and talk to them.

W

Wolfy123

Really you need to talk to your doctor as they might be able to diagnose you better and help, but from what I know Agoraphobia can be a fear of being away from your home or standing with a group of people plus a fear of transport of any sort. Hence why you need to see your doctor and talk to them.
Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to get an appointment to figure out what's wrong. But the waiting list is really long for that over here. They told me it'll probably take 6 months😥

Bod

Bod

6 months my god that is so long, I am sorry to hear that. All I could say is try and take small steps and don't rush.

jajingna

jajingna

I believe agoraphobia occurs when one is concerned about being able to escape from a potentially threatening situation with the fear of having a panic or anxiety attack.

W

Wolfy123

I believe agoraphobia occurs when one is concerned about being able to escape from a potentially threatening situation with the fear of having a panic or anxiety attack.
Right now I'm too scared to leave my house. I can't go anywhere because of panic attacks, so right now I'm avoiding all the situations that can cause a panic attack.

T

txlady377

Right now I'm too scared to leave my house. I can't go anywhere because of panic attacks, so right now I'm avoiding all the situations that can cause a panic attack.
I am having the same problem..it was bad before the covid shutdown, now I can't seem to make myself go anywhere. I am doing online therapy hoping to get help. Just know you are not alone!

S

suzy1953

i think people look at me i use a walking stick im 68 my legs arnt great i cant walk to our shop alone ,going on a bus or train i cant do that either its not very nice

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ScootersMum Agoraphobia - How do you not notice until it’s too late Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
M Help for agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
B Friend with agoraphobia, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
Carol1952 How do you deal with your agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 25
O Agoraphobia as Specific Phobia?! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety or Both? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
B My Brain on Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
Ras what does having Agoraphobia feel like? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L How does a agoraphobia start? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
D Is this agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
anxietyB Agoraphobia covid - 19 Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
C I have Agoraphobia because of the pandemic. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
Hiraeth Homebound agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 28
S Fatigue and Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
A Agoraphobia brought on by panic/anxiety attacks on transport. Need advice! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
C Agoraphobia/Fear of Choking/Panic Disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
courttt18 Flying to another country with agoraphobia/anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
ShutIn Has Diazepam helped your Agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
A Flying for the First Time with Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
S Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
T Boyfriend with agoraphobia, panic disorder, social anxiety, anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
O Driving agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
F agoraphobia and body dysmorphia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
J Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
Victorianna At the Agoraphobia Convention :) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
T Agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
M Hypertension and agoraphobia...help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
M Agoraphobia and cbt Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M What are other people's triggers for agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
G I'm new here and have GAD/Agoraphobia/Depression Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
S agoraphobia son Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
J Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
F Don't let agoraphobia take over your life Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
H How to deal with Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
Rebecca Ahava Dealing with Agoraphobia (Housebound) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
I agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M Recent Panic Attack/Agoraphobia-Feedback Please?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
N Panic attack and agoraphobia - Worth seeing it Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
C Agoraphobia and Panic Attack blues Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N A book that help me to cope with agoraphobia an panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
V Severe Agoraphobia - I might NEED to leave the house. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Do I sound like I have Agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
B Agoraphobia has taken over my life. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
semsema Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
V Agoraphobia due to being in pain Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
E Agoraphobia boredom. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 19
M single mum/ 3 kids/ anxiety, panic, agoraphobia 😓 Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
F Are these signs of agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
B Overcoming Agoraphobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
cherish Agoraphobia and family guilt Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 24