• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what if

T

trainwreck

if you were in the deppest depression you could be, an someone said,take this med an you will be in paradice for 1 hour.but after the hour you would be twice as bad , would you take the hour.just yes or no will do . then i will tell all.:(

E

eternaljourney

Hi trainwreck,

I want to expand a little bit on my answer so sorry that it's not a simple yes or no.
I'd say yes because being in the deepest depression is so horrifying that I'd want some relief.
However when I'm brighter my more rational mind says no because I wouldn't want to feel twice as bad.

Are you ok? I see you've put a sad face.

Eternal X

T

trainwreck

ok

thanks im ok well 50.50 you are close to the answer.but not right i will tell all after a few posts .i went to the shrink today ,i was uptight becuse cym balta is just hanging in an i need a change but????????christmas an kids , i dont want to be sick as a nob at that time ,you no new med sindrom if they work that is, its not the kids fault im ill so why mess there time , i can hang on a few more weeks its not like i have not been hear before.thanks for the concern

J

jamesdean

I have to say in my life if something is good for 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day of course I would enjoy all of it and not worry about the next part of my life because I live with such deep depression that I never know how long a good moment will last and it isnt know where near normal even on a good day because I've seen normal and all this stuff that the professionals come out with is rubbish most of the time because I don't see 1 in 4 people has being:mad:. I just see a small minority and has for this govt, trying to reduce beenfits they should go after the tax evaders SORRY FOOR SOUNDING OFF ON YOUR THREAD jd

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
No, I would not take it. Sounds like a deal with the devil to me.

T

trainwreck

i hour

really shrinks could use this question to fine out your true state of mind. rember you at your deepest depression , there is no futher to go only death so you would snatch the hour of paradice with open arm.s, an the shrik would no you may be near suicide or close. if no, you are still thinking and in control to a certain degree .so if yes he may admit you to hospital you are in deep shit , if no he would give meds send you home an hopefully monitor you, if your lucky.