• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What if I don't have mood disorder but still doctor is giving me medication for it?

H

harshyadav017

I am on Paroxetine and Risperidone. I am taking paroxetine for anxiety but my doctor is also giving me Risperidone telling me that I have mood disorder too. My anxiety is cured but after 2-3 years of medication, I am getting the mood fluctuations which wasn't the case before. Is it possible that I have a mood disorder now because the doctor is giving me risperidone unnecessarily?
Please help!

S

shawnshaw

be smart.be logical.slowly reduce yout medication and see how you feel.Tell your doctor about it if you feel thats a good idea.but remeber!doctors are trying to help people,and trying make money from selling medications/treatment .those are their only two objectives.take control!

F

Failing Heart

I have found that it is never a good idea to self adjust your medication… Talk to your doctor about it but if they don’t listen to you… You need to find someone that will.