• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What if hearing a voice turns out to be a good thing?

T

timing

A long time ago, I was married with a beautiful 3 year old girl. Overtime, I saw my family disintegrating before my eyes. Healthy living was marred by hazards detrimental to life and most often illegal.
One night, a dangerous plan was being developed to harm another person. The incident to this day is as clear as if it were today. A group of men were downstairs planning another's demise when the fear that held me in place could no longer be ignored.
At some point, I went downstairs and as I got to the place I could see the group, I was stopped in my tracks. Above the group was a mist like fog above all of them. Then I heard a voice. It was clearly a male voice coming from behind me. "Take your child and leave this place".
I became confused, disoriented and for one, my child was safely at her Grandma's.
What followed was 3 months of frienzied activity to get out. Job, a place to live, determination to let nothing get in my way. I left and never looked back.
I have often wondered if this has ever happened to other people?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I was recently told that two thirds of people who hear voices never end up under the care of mental health services, of course it's practically impossible to verify this information as a lot of voice hearers don't come forward with their experiences. And hearing voices is about as common as there are left handed people in the world I'm also told.

So my best guess would be their voices must be doing something right, helpful instead of hostile. And they can be extremely helpful, according to a book I read voices have influenced many people to do great things in literature, mathematics, archaeology, other sciences and inventing to name a few. They've even saved lives.

Z

Zoe1

I think if a voice is telling you a good thing
then it would also be making you feel good

yes definitely they can save lives at times

I remember moving house
feeling that it was all being organised for me

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i remember either hearing voices or the ex cons talking on that estate. i thought they're my friends i must be hearing voices, in the end decided of it;s real i'll be careful around the ex cons and f it's voices more reason i need rehousing

remember saying to one psychiatrist the voices were really nasty after i shook that child but after the jeremy bulgor case they've been on my side and if they're voices they have a london accent

T

timing

I should have added the person targeted was never hurt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Bipolar Forum 3
B Bipolar Forum 4