what i wrote, looking elsewhere for somewhere to go after issues

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I thought I would introduce myself at 19 this was 1977 I was diagnosed with a very serious mental illness, I was in one of the old institutions, I had had ect and had been put on a drug called depixol imjections
For a long time I signed on benefits a lot did, they’d call me in, when I explained they’d tell me to get a 6 month backdated sick note and go on the sick, at one point I asked the gp he said it’s a label and labels tend to stick, I thought you’ve already labelled me with this diagnosis, he wrote to the psychiatrist saying he thought I was getting better
I then went into this hostel were they pushed the argument I was stabilised on drugs, in recovery and fit for work
I then came to London to do a degree, after the degree I couldn’t get a job, my unemployment history was against me , even if I didn’t mention illness, if I mentioned illness I got no reply even from organisations like mind that guaranteed interviews to those with disabilities, I could list endless jobs I applied for
I got a job in social services either because the diagnosis got out or I couldn’t do the job I lost the job, as the job was under some disability policy they couldn’t sack me so I was sent home sick
As you can see I’m not very good at arguing illness, causes endless problems however the last psychiatrist I saw 6 yrs ago said I was approaching the chronic stage of my illness, that the treatment of chronic illness is the same throughout medicine and closed my case
Another psychiatrist said 15yrs ago perceived wisdom was people like you shouldn’t work
Fast forward to now last Christmas I got the work capability assessment reviewing my claim, passed that, a while ago I was transferred from dla to pip got enhanced support
When I first got the dla they doubled my money and gave me 2 yrs backdated, ever since then I’ve had savings they question me about
I’ve now got about 12k they’re asking for a bank statement, my case was closed at least 7 yrs ago so I’ve got no one to represent me, I’m now 61 fathers dead mothers 96 senile in a home in brum, my brothe 2 yrs younger had a stroke a year ago,and my sister is caring for him in brum, no family support as a result
I am worries that if I send in a statement saying I’ve got 12k in savings, without a supporting letter mentioning illness I could have problems with the beurocracy

Luci

Luci

Hi Rambo,

Did you keep any documentation regarding the benefit payments? Do you see a therapist now? Your GP should happily provide you with a document stating your history with regard to your illness. Do you have the same bank account? Statements will show where payments came from too. PIP is not means tested, so you will not loose PIP regardless of savings or income. Is the issue your other benefits? What else do you claim?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Rambo as luci said even if you don’t have a pdoc your gp will have your records as I assume your on medication to keep you stable, so that shouldn’t be a problem . As far as the money goes having £12k May affect your benefits as I think the max you can have is 10k and even if you try to move 2k of it they may want proof of what you’ve spent it on. I think and I’m not sure that for anything over 6k you would lose £1 for every £250 you have

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
having 12k i remember the police in balsall heath when i was conned saying what are you doing with savings on benefits and the police only reflect societys prejudices, what will a benefit clark make of it particularly one at the bottom the ones that process claims.

the account is the one they pay benefits into, i#ve waited a week the letter took a week, i've got 2 weeks to reply, they'll soon send out the lettter with the threat to stop benefits

i can't get a appt with the gp before then, i'm going for a electro cardiogram mon i'll ask for a summary of my notes whether those receptionists will be willing to do the work without a gps order

the 1st time i was asked i just provided a bank statement got referred to their fraud section, i remember at first the letters were signed then when they received documentation supporting my claim to be needy the letters weren't signed, they didn't want to risk been held responsible

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
As daffy said, surely your doc will have records, your bank statements should say where the money is coming from :hug:
as i said whether i can see said doctor before the deadline for returning the forms 1 week already gone 1 week in the post, i'll probably reply recorded next day delivery to avoid another week in the post

i made an appt a couple of weeks ago even then there was a 4 week wait and as i said elsewhere a 2hr wait after the appt time which your expected to arrive 10mins early to sign in, in a crowded surgery with social anxiety, i've asked my mentor befriender to come and wait with me, something i don't particularly like

Luci

Luci

I would try not to worry about it too much. You have proof of where the money has came from and for most benefits limit for savings is 16,000 and again, PIP is not means tested so that would continue. Even if your payments were stopped it would just mean living on your savings until they dip below the 'allowed' level. It will cause you more stress and anxiety to worry about how this will affect you than the likely outcome. Take it one day at a time ♡

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
yes it's pointless worrying but i've heard of people having interviews under caution due to having savings. if possible i'd rather avoid that by some evidence i'm deserving, once their fraud section gets involved

Luci

Luci

Even if they were to do so, due to your history if illness I'm sure it could be arranged to take place in your home or another familiar environment?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it just upsets me, i've had a no of issues as they've investigated before, at one point i went to my fathers funeral in brum as a result when i provided a statement there were card payments in brum, when i received the list of change of circumstances your supposed to declare highlighted was any proporty other than the proporty you live in

theres been a no of issues with them, to arrange for a interview at home i'd need letters in triplicate and probably representation