• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What I suspect is OCD... A strange form of it.

C

Charlie Patterson

Ever since I was 10 years old, I've seemingly struggled with a form of OCD. Though I don't have a therapists confirmation on it, I've done thorough research and everything I've read completely lines up with how I'm feeling. Which to describe to you is awful, I'm too embarrassed to openly talk about this OCD and when it happens I truly feel imprisoned by it... It comes and goes but when it comes, it really doesnt give me a break. It's awful, I feel like my very being, my very self is being taken away from me. It's these intrusive thoughts that just linger in my head that... Torture me. I'd be happy to go into full detail about these thoughts in a private message, but I don't want to express it here as I'm not only anxious to do that but I'm worried I offend people in my expression. If you'd like to know and perhaps share with me some of your experiences with OCD I'd love to chat :)

I hope everyone is well and thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

EddieH

EddieH

Hey @Charlie Patterson, I am happy to listen. I have a very embarressing OCD that is torturing me. Only in the last year I have started to talk about it with my medical professionals. I am trying to find someone with similar problems to talk to. I just found a few local OCD zoom groups so help is out there. I just let it all hang out these days on the forum, sort of feel it is helping me.
If you want to fire me a PM. I wont have the answers but I will understand.
Eddieh

EddieH

EddieH

My OCD is a starring problem with out going into to all details about it. Maybe you are experiencing something similar. Makes me very afraid of people

EddieH

EddieH

I've finally had the courage to post my OCD problem in a thread. Feel better for it, hopefully find some help for myself. Totally embarressing though. Thats the beauty of the Forum. Like I say let it all hang out, if you feel like it