• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

what hobbies are you into? are you into collecting things etc?

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

A long time ago I was going out and noticed my neighbour standing in the driveway staring at the sky. I saw the space shuttle departing the space station for the very last time. It was pretty cool. It looked like one massive star splitting into 2 smaller stars. About once a year I’ll make an effort to find the space station in the night sky.

C

confused31

I like learning languages, it can be so relaxing to concentrate on remembering words. And just fun in general

losingme1989

losingme1989

A long time ago I was going out and noticed my neighbour standing in the driveway staring at the sky. I saw the space shuttle departing the space station for the very last time. It was pretty cool. It looked like one massive star splitting into 2 smaller stars. About once a year I’ll make an effort to find the space station in the night sky.
Sounds awesome (y)

C

celticlass

Oh I could so easily become a hoarder ha! I like collecting old bits and bobs from charity shops and antique places. Always convinced I will hit the jackpot. I am also working at a collection of costume jewellery. This is all to be labelled and entered to my family to ' fight' over in years to come LOL!

Me Myself

Me Myself

Yea same here I find it difficult to concentrate or even have any motivation and desire to watch tbh
It's tough. I have found watching small film / tv clips helpful at least in stuff I have seen for the concentration aspect at least unless it's really bad. :)

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Hey @soulsearcher , it's both actually, knitting with needles and crochet with hook. I've made slippers, baby clothes, blankets, toys, even a dress. It's very therapeutic especially with a good podcast on the go too.

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with space. I had a huge space encyclopedia and every new discovery I wrote into it. In Scotland, in the country when the nights are clear, the sky is so full of stars, it's amazing. Sometimes I see the aurora borealis and it's beautiful. I remember as a little girl, the whole sky seemed lit up in shades of red and green, waving gently back and forward.

My brother had a fancy telescope when I was a kid, he would show me planets with it. One night we were out with the telescope and we both saw a falling star.
Yea I could imagine...

Would love to live somewhere like the Scottish Highlands

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

It's tough. I have found watching small film / tv clips helpful at least in stuff I have seen for the concentration aspect at least unless it's really bad. :)
Yea maybe I need to binge watch something lol

Me Myself

Me Myself

Yea maybe I need to binge watch something lol
It may help. And it doesn't require as much commitment. Binge watching clips cuts time in half for the anxious and the distracted or the unmotivated. It can help you even dip your toe back in the water so you can build yourself up to something longer. :redface:

Michelle Kelly

Michelle Kelly

My hobbies are looking after my pets - a cat named Jazz, an inherited guinea pig named Poppy and some fish - watching tv documentaries of all kinds and gardening. So not an exciting life but it keeps me sane

I also like baking cakes but don’t do it too often as I make such a mess. 😬

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

I used to be into Gaming.
With my Job, i usually don't have much time to play anymore.
Sure, i'll find the occasional hour to play but thats not competetive like i used to.

Im pretty deep into Fitness tho. Even tho the Gyms are closed currently, i train Daily with my own bodyweight.

-LTE