What helps you to get out of bed?

Justafriend95

Justafriend95

This week alone I spend 3 hole days in bed. No energie, no nothing.. every morning I feel the same.

Tired, anxious, sick and depressed..

what do you do to get out of bed?

Z

Zoe1

I actually say encouraging things to myself
that I'm feeling excited , that I am beautiful and deserve to be loved,
that I'm good enough just as I am

I made each of these affirmation tailored to me personally
to be the opposite of my negative thoughts

:hug5:

FindingTheMeaning

FindingTheMeaning

This week alone I spend 3 hole days in bed. No energie, no nothing.. every morning I feel the same.

Honestly, it’s hard but I try my best to think of one thing I love. Some days it’s the sunshine coming through the window or the thought of seeing a smile. I try my best to fill my mornings with anything. Doctor appointments, work, scheduled breakfast, etc because I know that’s the worst part of the day.

J

JasonR28

Cigarettes and booze (I wouldn't encourage you to try either though).

The nicotine craving means no matter how low I am in bed and just wanting to sleep more and more, I have to get up to have a cigarette (or 3). Then when I'm up I think about having a coffee to go with the cigarette.

Booze some days is more of a when I'm awake thing. If I'm feeling weak, low and like going back to bed, I think of cracking open the booze and having a buzz off it instead.

I used to be a lot more health conscious and wanting to reduce my cigarette and alcohol intake but actually, for example if I gave up smoking, I'd be in bed for days and weeks on end as it's one of the few things that keeps me going.

I'm more a quality of life now person than worry about what damage it might do in the future, especially as I get no support whatsoever and have to just go it all alone. I have to use whatever resources are available to me, even if they might end up damaging me in years to come.

Justafriend95

Justafriend95

Honestly, it’s hard but I try my best to think of one thing I love. Some days it’s the sunshine coming through the window or the thought of seeing a smile. I try my best to fill my mornings with anything. Doctor appointments, work, scheduled breakfast, etc because I know that’s the worst part of the day.
@Zoe1 My head is so mashed up I can not even think of things to say to myself. I stare at the mirror thinking nothing. Feeling nothing..

@FindingTheMeaning Maybe when I'm a little bit better. I will remember

D

dewey

glad to talk to someone else feeling this way, i quite literally feel zero motivation to get out of bed and have felt this way most of my life. day after day, it is the same thing, deep down i know i have nothing to get up for

Justafriend95

Justafriend95

Cigarettes and booze (I wouldn't encourage you to try either though).

The nicotine craving means no matter how low I am in bed and just wanting to sleep more and more, I have to get up to have a cigarette (or 3). Then when I'm up I think about having a coffee to go with the cigarette.

Booze some days is more of a when I'm awake thing. If I'm feeling weak, low and like going back to bed, I think of cracking open the booze and having a buzz off it instead.

I used to be a lot more health conscious and wanting to reduce my cigarette and alcohol intake but actually, for example if I gave up smoking, I'd be in bed for days and weeks on end as it's one of the few things that keeps me going.

I'm more a quality of life now person than worry about what damage it might do in the future, especially as I get no support whatsoever and have to just go it all alone. I have to use whatever resources are available to me, even if they might end up damaging me in years to come.
I think it's for the best I won't try that. Because I get addicted to fast to things.. that's why SH is something I feel I need..

Not that that's the best choice.. never start at that shit.. I only get drunk if it is to much.. I want to go blank.. no memories nothing..

Justafriend95

Justafriend95

glad to talk to someone else feeling this way, i quite literally feel zero motivation to get out of bed and have felt this way most of my life. day after day, it is the same thing, deep down i know i have nothing to get up for
I'm sorry you have to feel that way to..
It is horrible and it's making your head get mashed up.. isn't it

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I know the feeling just forcinf yourself really its hard in the moment but is the only way