• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What have you done mindfully today

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I went on a mindful walk I listened to all noises around me and looked at the view and felt the cold air on my cheeks

D

Deliah

I walked mindfully and noticed the Christmas light mindfully. I ate my porridge with bananas in it mindfully at breakfast. D xxxx

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Approximately two and a half hours of mindfulness of breathing (Buddhist samatha) and about an hours loving kindness meditation. All done in half hour sits.

F

flatz

I found mindfullness and CBT a bit like religions. ie something one must adhere to which with my lack of concentration is pretty much impossible.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Err.. not much today, to be honest. Have really not wanted to be present. :unsure:

But yesterday I was very mindful when I was out and about. Feeling the coolness around me contrasting the sun on my skin, feeling the silkiness of the air entering my nostrils.

I really like the idea of this thread, so thanks Judazz.
Hopefully it'll remind me to be more mindful.

A

AQuidel

I like the idea of this thread as well. I'm supposed to practice mindfulness every moment, to keep me in the here and now but I forget :/ I'll start tomorrow if you guys don't mind me chiming in.

Agatha

Agatha

I thoroughly enjoyed eating an apple! Each bite was tantalizing and fresh and crisp. It' nice to not wolf something down and forget what it actually tastes likes.

Kerome

Kerome

Nice thread. I mindfully lay on the couch for about 10 minutes, that's part of the practice of bringing mindfulness to common postures and to walking.

Jimny

Jimny

I went and had a massage today, normally my mind is elsewhere with most things but today I let my body go loose and imagined the stress being pushed and pulled out of me. An hour later my body is extremely relaxed, should sleep well tonight.