What has helped you fight to see another day?

B

Blooper

I have been going through so much emotionally and physically that I had decided to give up. I can't remember a time or a moment in my life when I was completely happy, not even when I was little. The sound of a friend excited helped me today. I felt a little hope through all the pain and she didn't even realize.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have been going through so much emotionally and physically that I had decided to give up. I can't remember a time or a moment in my life when I was completely happy, not even when I was little. The sound of a friend excited helped me today. I felt a little hope through all the pain and she didn't even realize.
That's great to hear that you're feeling more hopeful!

I tend to feel better when I hear of someone's success stories or good news. Then I start to feel as if maybe the world isn't such an awful place after all.

F

Fancyharm

I have used positive affirmations, look them up and write them down on a piece of paper to keep and read. Self help books, learning about the condition I have.

I have just learned to crochet which is also helping.

I need power and by self help I am empowering myself. Even writing the affirmations down is powerful as you do not need the internet, a device or electricity or a battery.

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

A good conversation usually helps me. I need to feel connected to people. When I have that (authentically and mutually), I feel happy.

B

Blooper

That's great to hear that you're feeling more hopeful!

I tend to feel better when I hear of someone's success stories or good news. Then I start to feel as if maybe the world isn't such an awful place after all.
Hi. Yeah. I get this sooo much.

I don't like reading newspapers or watching the news because that reminds me of how awful the world is.

I hope others will share good things that have helped them.

B

Blooper

I have used positive affirmations, look them up and write them down on a piece of paper to keep and read. Self help books, learning about the condition I have.

I have just learned to crochet which is also helping.

I need power and by self help I am empowering myself. Even writing the affirmations down is powerful as you do not need the internet, a device or electricity or a battery.
Hi. I think affirmations won't help me right now. Maybe at some stage it will so I will right a few of my own down.

I think I'm going to write notes of when people in real life or online have been there for me, just nice, when people who I didn't expect to show kindness did and things I like about people irl or online and people have encouraged me and helped me even if they have never met me or know I exist, etc...

I love to crochet. It's a beautiful feeling and it is empowering knowing that you made something, completed or are completing something, to feel accomplished and proud of yourself, seeing how over time (days, weeks and years) how you have improved. I hope you find it as beautiful as I have.

I think I'm going to start a scrapbook of sorts. Thanks. I have to many books and none just filled with positivity. Thanks for the idea.

B

Blooper

A good conversation usually helps me. I need to feel connected to people. When I have that (authentically and mutually), I feel happy.
Wow...I get this too. I somehow find chit chat leaves me with a distaste in my mouth. I'm not good at chit chat and love to connect with people. I often find I have meaningful, deep conversations at times I didn't expect, and when I can't connect on a deep level with people I withdraw and rather be alone in a bathroom than outside the bathroom in with a place full of people.

I feel this connection at times when walking and I smile and get a smile back that I can feel, or when I get to help someone with directions...to name a few simpler examples of when I feel connected because I get to share a happiness with someone who might have needed it or didn't expect me to share some happiness when they asked for directions or when I asked for directions and they tried to help me. I guess it also helps me feel connected like in a sense of community and I miss that feeling in my world.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
[QUOTE="Blooper, post: 1853039, member: 82418"I don't like reading newspapers or watching the news because that reminds me of how awful the world is.[/QUOTE]

My CPTSD gets triggered too easily by the news for me to read much of it. Every a.m., I used to read the newspaper with my cup of coffee. I miss being able to do that.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Wow...I get this too. I somehow find chit chat leaves me with a distaste in my mouth. I'm not good at chit chat and love to connect with people.
It's probably a good sign that you don't take to just any kind of talk. An awful lot of what comes my way (I mean offline) these days and what I hear about is a waste of time.