• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What happens ...?

S

skyblue

When there's a communication problem with your Support Worker ?

I don't understand him very well, and it seems he doesn't understand me very well either :unsure:.

He's always calling me by a different name and continuously getting my medication wrong when we discuss things.

He always seems so confused and I have to explain things to him over and over before he actually listens.

It's a nightmare !

R

rasselas

he may be having troubles of his own.

write him a crib sheet to remind him of your basics. i dont think he'd be offended. is he new to the job? it can take a while to remember all your clients.

S

skyblue

He could be new to the job,... not sure as it's hard to have a conversation with him. I've been seeing him since last July, so I've been a client with him for 8 months now. He doesn't speak very good English, I have no idea where he's from, maybe Mauritus.

He seems to be a kind person, but the communication is terrible, I have to explain things to him over and over and it gets so tiring.

But maybe he is having troubles of his own,.. he's never really shown much happiness.

emski

emski

Support workers own problem, language difficulties, support worker's need to be reminded of the details - you shouldn't have to deal with any of this. At the end of the day you are the service user, you are the one who needs the support. If he isn't up to the job then you should be supported by someone who is.

This actually sounds as though the support worker is counter productive for you, so you should make this known and see if they can get you a different support worker.

:hug:

RainbowChild

RainbowChild

I agree with emski here...totally

You are the client and it it isn't working for you then see if you can be reallocated.. although that brings its own troubles in terms of time scale etc

best of luck :hug:

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Support workers own problem, language difficulties, support worker's need to be reminded of the details - you shouldn't have to deal with any of this. At the end of the day you are the service user, you are the one who needs the support. If he isn't up to the job then you should be supported by someone who is.

This actually sounds as though the support worker is counter productive for you, so you should make this known and see if they can get you a different support worker.

:hug:
Agree with this post 100%(y)

At the end of the day you have enough to deal with without this added stress; ask for a support worker who speaks clear English that you can easily understand.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dubblemonkey Bipolar Forum 0