• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What happens with your benefits should you go into Hospital

P

Paranoid MisterE

Hi,

Im really not coping with my Schizophrenia at the moment and feeling very low and suicidal.

Im seeing my doctor on Monday but so far he has been dismissive and feel like he is not taking me seriously.

Im on DLA and ESA at the moment and wondering what happens with them should i end up in hospital?

SarahD

SarahD

When I have gone into hospital I have just phoned the DWP and told them the date of going in, the discharge date, and the hospital name and address and ward. They never asked for anything written.

I don't think ESA is affected, but DLA stops after about four weeks, and if you go in twice in a short period they add both stays together.

calypso

calypso

Admin
When I went in ESA weren't bothered at all. But DLA were strict and stopped them. Trouble is that our bills continue despite being in there and the benefits people don't accept that. I tried to explain but got nowhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Services 6