• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What happens if you are rude to your eating disorder therapists?

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Or you don’t speak to them/throw food at them?

G

goodgollymiss

If they offer any therapies I'd choose the magnet one. It is not as painful

JessisMe

JessisMe

My guess is that they would chalk it up to poor behavior. Many patients do much worse...

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What about like saying verbal insults?

And I don’t want my breasts to grow, they are basically making me put on weight and now I would be depressed over that because my body is not how I want it to be (flat chested like Kendall Jenner), so now my breasts are going to look like sacks (they already do). I don’t get it, it’s my life, I want my breasts to be the way they are/flatter than how they are now so why don’t they accept that? It’s not like anyone is going to see them apart from me, I am not going to have a boyfriend/husband in the future, not like they are going to see it during sex, I should have my body the way I want it.

JessisMe

JessisMe

what’s worse than that? Swearing? Physically beating them?
Physical violence....sky’s the limit. People do all kinds of things when they are experiencing psychiatric crisis, especially when they are being held against their will.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Physical violence...sky’s the limit. People do all kinds of things when they are experiencing psychiatric crisis, especially when they are being held against their will.
I’m assuming people in eating disorders don’t do that? They just throw a strop about food. I don’t even have severe mental health issues, just normal ones like depression and anxiety, and I get angry easily so I insult people when I feel like they are implying/bullying me as I have been bullied all my life.

if you don’t speak to your team/therapist because you were detained against your own will in an ED ward, do they put you in a mental hospital for people with disorders like bipolar etc? What kind of action do they take?

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Even though it will never get to the stage where I need surgery to remove breasts, I think after I get to a healthy weight I will either relapse or get breast surgery because large breasts can cause backache and I don’t like breasts. It will never get to the stage where my breasts cause backache though.

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don’t eat during my time of the month because I lose my appetite as food just looks like blood to me, and I have been threatened by the psychiatrist about being sectioned. Does that mean they are going to force food down my throat even during my time of the month? Are they going to change my pad for me?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m assuming people in eating disorders don’t do that? They just throw a strop about food. I don’t even have severe mental health issues, just normal ones like depression and anxiety, and I get angry easily so I insult people when I feel like they are implying/bullying me as I have been bullied all my life.

if you don’t speak to your team/therapist because you were detained against your own will in an ED ward, do they put you in a mental hospital for people with disorders like bipolar etc? What kind of action do they take?
I was referring to a person with an eating disorder in a general psychiatric ward.

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What if they came to give me therapy and I told them to F off because I am eating?

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

The more you fight them the harder tbe process will be. The more you cooperate the easier and faster it will be.

N

Nb2737582

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The more you fight them the harder tbe process will be. The more you cooperate the easier and faster it will be.
But I get hungry at the wrong times, because I have digestive problems. I would be busy eating if they come to give me therapy. I don’t eat because I don’t feel like life is worth living. This is my punishment for going through illness after illness. I have no intentions on doing it because of religion but not eating is a way I could gain control, I obviously won’t tell them that.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

I understand you wanting to have sense of control over yourself. But why dont you control yourself is a positive way instead of a self damaging way ?