• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What happened to me

Vanilla Sky

Vanilla Sky

Ok this is really difficult for me to explain i'm just hoping someone might understand.

About four years ago now i went out one day perfectly happy to see an aishow but something changed. Sometime during the afternoon i started to feel really lost and detached, the whole journey back i knew something was seriously wrong....each day after that i woke up with the same unbearable feeling...i couldn't think or function properly....after a few days i felt so lost and depressed i hardly ate or said a word...i just sat there for days..i have only ever felt that same intense feeling once before in my life but that disappeared within a matter of miuntes..... It's like i have no past or future...my sense of self is gone...whatever i do where ever i go i am always conscious that something huge is missing......none of this makes sense....i feel like i could be on another planet and i wouldn't feel any more lost than i do now....i cant seem to cope in any kind of social situation even just visiting a friend once a week can be a huge ordeal....

I'm on anti depressants, seen a counselor but nothing really helps...every time i try and write my problems down i just feel like giving up...I' can't seem to find any explanation or understanding...

...i know before all of this i had spent months pretty much contained in my own world but i was perfectly happy then...the other thing that i sometimes wonder about is certain times when i felt quite uncomfortable if i broke my routine...something simple like having nothing to watch on tv in the evening or there was a time when i used to go to the pub every weekend...when i stopped that i felt really bad but i managed and soon got back into normality...interestingly the other time that i felt that same intense feeling was when i went away for a couple of days...maybe that's just a coincidence though...

I really dont know

A

Apotheosis

What happened with any of us?

I can trace certain things back - But I was a normal teenager; & one evening; I became very euphoric, suffered a massive psychotic break in the space of around a minute; was convinced the Devil was after me & was controlling an Alien plot to turn all the people of the World into Zombies - & I was sectioned less than a week later. I am still trying to figure it all out now, some 20 years later.