• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What good medications are there out there for ocd!

L

lilly01

I've got extraordinary Ocd w/ #'s related to bad things and events since mid-late January and I'm not sure what has been causing it yet or if it's me: I developed it myself these days. I took 7.5mg of an anti-psychotic I was on and I'm not sure but I did feel better

R

RayHendrix

I think some SSRIs are also said to can help against OCD. Even placebos have some good results. However, I believe it´s depends on the person and one has to try whats best. If you feel better just stay on it I guess. If you unsure just talk to your doc who prescribed you the medication.

L

lilly01

Thank you @RayHendrix, I've got an appointment with my psychiatrist so I will see what helps for now or whatever as there's a circumstance w/ something that could've brought this to happen as well

S

Started 1976

Hi Lilly different medications suit different people. After years of Severe OCD I was Prescribed Fluoxetine (Prozac) it made me so much better: but i have heard where it can have the opposite effect! Though i don't know if that was connected to a person with OCD. I personally don't know what i would of done without it!! I was desperate i had no hesitation but you must do what's best for you. Fluoxetine is not the only Medication for OCD. It is one of the SSRIs. Good Luck and take care.

L

lilly01

Hi Lilly different medications suit different people. After years of Severe OCD I was Prescribed Fluoxetine (Prozac) it made me so much better: but i have heard where it can have the opposite effect! Though i don't know if that was connected to a person with OCD. I personally don't know what i would of done without it!! I was desperate i had no hesitation but you must do what's best for you. Fluoxetine is not the only Medication for OCD. It is one of the SSRIs. Good Luck and take care.
I'm glad for you! Wow really? I wonder why, what do you mean it can have the opposite effect? I was hoping my psychiatrist would've prescribed me Fluoxetine (Prozac) but today she told me Climipramine was very effective and Prozac wasn't very effective

S

Started 1976

Well Prozac was very very effective for me! About it having the opposite effect thats just something i once Remember hearing on the Television but i can only speak for myself; Maybe Climipramine is very effect for some people but she's wrong to say Prozac wasn't very effective for OCD because in my case it changed my life in a very Positive way. Maybe if Climipramine doesn't work ask to try Prozac?! Good Luck and please keep in touch.

L

lilly01

Well Prozac was very very effective for me! About it having the opposite effect thats just something i once Remember hearing on the Television but i can only speak for myself; Maybe Climipramine is very effect for some people but she's wrong to say Prozac wasn't very effective for OCD because in my case it changed my life in a very Positive way. Maybe if Climipramine doesn't work ask to try Prozac?! Good Luck and please keep in touch.
Thank you so much for your help! lending help! you could save a life and other's happiness like that. do you think it could depend on how your ocd is like? Mine is w/ #'s related to bad things and sexual assault/abuse events in the past and also not knowing if the sexual assault/s will happen again and it's urgent for me but I think certain things have helped so far for a while in terms of inflammation in my head due to the anxiety caused by the Ocd

S

Started 1976

I am so sorry to hear what you've been through! I think OCD is very similar for some people but i guess never quite the same? First of all i hope you are out of Danger now from bad things and Sexual Assault; That's Awful but you are obviously a very Strong Person.Stay as positive as you can.I will try to contact you tomorrow when i have more time .God Bless.

S

Started 1976

I think however you OCD is you have to try" NOT TO REACT TO IT".The Right Medication does help OCD Anxiety.I think you will know if Fluoxetine (Prozac) is working for you or not.I Pray it does but if not try Climipramine.You will find the Right one for you.Be Strong and God Bless.

L

lilly01

I think however you OCD is you have to try" NOT TO REACT TO IT".The Right Medication does help OCD Anxiety.I think you will know if Fluoxetine (Prozac) is working for you or not.I Pray it does but if not try Climipramine.You will find the Right one for you.Be Strong and God Bless.
i've tried positive re-framing thoughts but it didn't work, it could be something else though

S

Started 1976

Have i mentioned Ali Greymonds OCD help Videos if not try them?

S

Started 1976

Hi Lilly. I seem to have lost your Thread on Weight Gain so i'll Reply here .Have you put weight on since you've been on Fluoxetine or was it other Medications?