• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

what gives you hope

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
in my life i have this built in thing that no matter how bad things get i always have faith that they will get better recently i went to the cinema and there was an advert about schizophrenics how they are not phycos etc that gave me hope what about yours? diddy

Star-28

Star-28

I just want to prove people wrong. We are portrayed as psycho violent serial killers, homeless drug addicts, the person in the neighborhood known as the "crazy man" or "crazy woman" anybody else wanna add to that?? I could go on...

Anyway, there is a NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) convention in Washington D.C. coming up, and I am going to it. They are having guest speakers on Cultural Diversity, and showing a film on Schizophrenia. They are also many different workshops and classes on mental illnesses. It will be a good vacation for me, and give me a chance to represent the Schizophrenia and Bordeline Personality people in the world, and prove to them that we are not all what is portrayed of us.

When they find out I'm ten months away from my Master's Degree they will shit themselves. I'm going to be all decked out in a suit with my briefcase looking proffessional, and ready to battle any smart mouth that wants to say some dumb shit about us.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmm this coffee has got me goin this morning.. :tea:

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
star you really are an inspiration! THAT IS AMAZING give them hell. just the term phycho makes my skin crawl the most it implies a knife weilding phycopath what did you get your degree in? diddy:D

A

Affective

in my life i have this built in thing that no matter how bad things get i always have faith that they will get better recently i went to the cinema and there was an advert about schizophrenics how they are not phycos etc that gave me hope what about yours? diddy
Do you mean this video clip:
Schizo - The Movie

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes thats the one! when i first saw the clip it said phycho hes amongst us i felt really bad and thought about walking out of the cinema then i was pleasantly suprized and came home feeling really good thanks for the adding the clip diddy:)

A

Affective

yes thats the one! when i first saw the clip it said phycho hes amongst us i felt really bad and thought about walking out of the cinema then i was pleasantly suprized and came home feeling really good thanks for the adding the clip diddy:)
I was in the cinema too when I first saw it. When it said, "Schizo - He's amongst us", I thought I was being watched and it was talking about me!

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yeah i got a bit panicky at that bit! diddy

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I suppose I live in hope that there will be a cure for schizophrenia developed,even though I know that the money is in treating the symptoms,not curing the disease.

A

Affective

If I had to say. I guess, it's that there's so many people suffering in the world, and some of them can still smile and see the bright side.

C

crazyjade90

Hey :)
What gives me hope is hopefully being able to spend time in the future with my baby brother who is 2yrs old.
He along side my mother are the 2 most important people in my life right about now. They are my everthing, so have to keep taking my meds and stay positive.