What exercise do you do?

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Due to the problems, experienced away on holiday/vacation, I will be hopefully and all being well, be very much relieved to get back to my working out on an occasional basis, can't be frequent, because mother likes her afternoon resting in living room downstairs, and via my room, i hven't got a very sturdy table leg, so for the moment, with it all in tack, i would rather not like to disturb it.

However, i do wish to reboot and plan to return to zumba gold and zumba classes, once and or twice a week, and I am very aware via self, t hat exercise really does support mental health issues of mine, extremely well. That's never mind the fact, I am on med. And i know this, just can't come off medication, I have to continuously take, well, under GP doctor's orders.

I do walk a lot anway, locally to the shops, and between volunteering places to bus stops in areas.

I shall be away for another few days, and all being well, get back, to home, on Wednesday morning, we land at London, about midday, I;ll be extremely jet lagged.

Best Regards ALL,

Natalie.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Any day now, my wife and I plan to start going on daily one mile walks through our neighborhood. Some years, when we get on a role we might do 3 of these walks a day. I must admit that I feel better about most things in general when I get these regular walks in. There is still snow and ice on many of the sidewalks, but it is finally supposed to be above freezing every day this next week so most of it should melt.

B

BrokenToy

Currently I'm just doing gentle walking with doggy each day, but I hope to get back to the gym within the next month or so. Even if you can't actually exercise, wrap up warm, get outside and sit with a hot cup of tea/coffee and get some fresh air for ten minutes. It really can refresh body and mind.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've got a bullworker spring thing and a set of barbells i use every day, with my social anxiety i haven't been to the leisure centre for a while feel picked on there was thinking of going but the pool will be full of lids and it's pretty cold waiting for the bus

p also walk to the local park or round the block

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I haven't play football in nearly 2 years but i last did some exercise in my room, over a month ago? But even then it was a one off. So for the last 2 years i have lived a sedentary life style.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I have been taking a daily walk since the start of March. I find it helps ward off depressive feelings I had.

I took a rest day today, my legs are quite tired, but planning a walk tomorrow. I heard that the weather may take a turn for the worse, but unless it is torrential rain I can still make it out.

B

BrokenToy

Good man burt. I'm determined to force myself out too no matter what the weather throws at us. I've realized I hate/refuse to go out on Sundays (unless it's an emergency) because my first major trauma happened on a Sunday. I only made that link within the last few days, after joining this forum, so now I can begin to change the unhealthy pattern around. The hard part is that first trauma happened less than 50 metres from my front door, so I'll need to focus and be prepared properly before I leave the house. No chance I could just wing-it this time. Failing to plan is planning to fail. ;)

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I've not been able to exercise much at all, since I've had a second round of the flu. Hoping to get back to my exercise routine in the next few days!x

Much love <3

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I've not been able to exercise much at all, since I've had a second round of the flu. Hoping to get back to my exercise routine in the next few days!x

Much love <3
Hope you feel better soon, and can get back to your exercise routine :)

I have been taking a daily walk since the start of March. I find it helps ward off depressive feelings I had.
Exercise can defo help to lift the spirits, and maintain good-spirits if you are already in them :)

As a student, sometimes I would feel really down. I used to turn on my music, and jog on the spot for half hour or so, quite energetically. The sweat would be pouring off me by the time I had done, and after a shower, I would feel amazing :)

I walked to and from my parents' yesterday (about half-hour's brisk walk each way), around with the lake with my Dad today (takes about an hour at a moderate pace), and I'm walking home again tonight after tea :)

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I got out and did a walk today. I don't have any lakes without getting some buses. I just walked a circular route. Today it was a about 7km, about 1 hour 20 minutes.

I like the feeling when I am at the furthest point from home, feels kinda free. I do take my bus pass just in case something happens, but not needed to use it yet.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I have been pushing myself too hard and ended up with shin splints. meh. I am going to rest my leg for a week or so before I get back to it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I got out and did a walk today. I don't have any lakes without getting some buses. I just walked a circular route. Today it was a about 7km, about 1 hour 20 minutes.

I like the feeling when I am at the furthest point from home, feels kinda free. I do take my bus pass just in case something happens, but not needed to use it yet.
what bus pass have you applied for a freeedom pass?

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

None right now other than walking to the grocery store and back and moving about in my house waiting for ebay parcels and once I've got everything I need on ebay I'm going to buy a new skateboard "probably on ebay" as shops don't sell anything decent anymore. I'll be going skateboarding and doing some cycling and I'm thinking about getting a gym card so that I can face my fears of heights and do some rock climbing.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
half price bus pass.
i still think you could get a freedom pass though i admit theres costs to going down that route, they recently asked me to renew my concessionary pass at the gym and wouldn;t accept a card saying i was registered disabled, asked for something more recent, they acccepted the freedom pass

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
i still think you could get a freedom pass though i admit theres costs to going down that route, they recently asked me to renew my concessionary pass at the gym and wouldn;t accept a card saying i was registered disabled, asked for something more recent, they acccepted the freedom pass
meh. I find it all too confusing. I was going to have another look at pip but have not been in the mood to do it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
meh. I find it all too confusing. I was going to have another look at pip but have not been in the mood to do it.
my ex recently got turned down for pip, she's been very chirpy since but is tellling me she can't pay the bills, says when she goes to the cmhc she sees a different person every time, i don't know if her cto has lapsed

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
my ex recently got turned down for pip, she's been very chirpy since but is tellling me she can't pay the bills, says when she goes to the cmhc she sees a different person every time, i don't know if her cto has lapsed
yeah the docs appear to rotate a lot. in my area they stay for about a year then move on. it is frustrating.