What exercise do you do?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Ha ha....no, I live in New York state in the U.S.....on the Canadian border.

S

schizophrenic123

I just recently started exercising again. I only do 30 minutes on the stationary bike, three times a week. Everyone here does a lot more than I do but the weight seems to still be coming off, so I’m happy.:)

N

natalie

HI Folks,

Well, seemingly I am sleeping almost too well at the moment, that, i can't in my early morning workouts.

I'll have to try to plan, well, planning is easy, ha, it's the actual doing, which can be the problem, to workout on a day time schedule. i'll note though if my sleeping continues to improve, and remain sleeping stable, for throughout the next couple of weeks. ah, then we're off, parents and i on our hols.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Maybe I could do couch to 5K?? Maybe I should start running. My bro is a runner which makes me hate it, but I have to admit it is a good way to lose weight.

I do like the running apps like Strava which make it pretty cool.

Meh. I think I weigh too much to run. If I start walking more regularly that will help. I think I will do myself an injury if I start running.

Maybe it is a good idea once I have slimmed down.

Last edited:
boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Couch to 5k......I don't recommend it. I went couch to 5k skiing and I was sore for a week. Definitely start gradually. Years ago I tried to take up jogging and my sister recommended jogging for 2 minutes then walking for 2 minutes, then jogging for 2....... Amazingly, even though she was quite overweight, she trained like this and did a whole marathon like this. Anyway I only jogged for a few weeks and stopped because I broke my ankle when I was helping my cousin replace his roof.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
It is cold and bitter out. I prefer to go walking when it is warmer.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I went to the doctor's this morning, then to my parents for a brew. I walked home from there (about half hour fairly brisk walk), then had a walk through my locality this affy. I'll go out again at between 5 and 6, then home for tea. That will be my day's exercise finished then. I walk nearly every day, usually several times a day. I tend to do more in the summer, but I'm pretty active and out n about in the winter as well :)

I spent over 10 years virtually housebound and very dependent on my parents and others, and sometimes went for months at a time without even stepping foot outside. It's good to be out n about now, hence the walking and stuff :)

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I walked into town, got a haircut, got my meds, and did not spend any money on anything else. So it was a good trip.,

N

natalie

About an hour back, I completed, a longish fun, harder within dance workout. I am personally feeling less irritible now, on the basis, I couldn't get to be seen by my strong admirer, twice yesterday afternoon, as he was busier via his work, elsewhere within the location. Oh well, (sigh) maybe another time, I was half hoping I'd be seen by him, before going off on holiday, which for next, week, volunteering wise, in that area implied, I am uncertain if I'll get there, before going off on holiday.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I had a walk to my voluntary job this morning. It was really cold, got me wishing I bought my woolly hat.
I am getting out on walks weekly, but really need to up my distance to make a difference. Spring soon so should be no problem!

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I walked home form my parents' last night, and went round the lake with my Dad this morning. After tea, I will walk home again tonight too :)

I love walking :)

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I ordered a pair of joggers and a hoody last night - for local walks. I am about to pull the trigger on some running shoes and socks.

My preferred footwear is sandals, but you need a bit warmer weather I reckon.

I have plotted a new local route that takes me along a nature trail and thru the park. It is almost 8km so a good workout.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

That sounds great. Unfortunately almost all our snow is gone so I never got to go skiing again. But I think my wife and I are going to start going on walks again through the neighborhood.

N

natalie

I'm not working out at the moment, even chair fitness i decided, it's far too cold, all being well, after when I come back from holiday/vacation, I'll resume workouts, and might even to go to a zumba class or two.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I go on walks every Tuesday with the Early Intervention Team, I enjoy it because I get to meet other voice hearers.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I took a pleasant walk this afternoon. Actually, it showed me that I need more walks to get my fitness level up. But I enjoyed it, and it did not rain. I was listening to Alex Salmond on the LBC and it was strangely soothing.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Even though I despise running because my brother is a marathon runner, I must admit that it looks quite a good exercise. When I have lost weight I will take it up. I like all the running gadgets and apps. They look pretty cool.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

We finally got more snow so I went cross country skiing again. It was a beautiful day.