What exactly is 'thought broadcasting' ?

ally41

ally41

I'm interested to learn more about thought broadcasting . I'm intrigued by how we all fit into a spectrum of mental illness and it's my personal peeve that we shouldn't be split into different diagnoses as this only serves us badly by negative labelling.

I have 'neurotic' mental illness, that's as far as I'm interested in being diagnosed. I want to know about thought broadcasting because I wonder if it's related to a symptom that I have as a non 'schizophrenic' person.

I am 'watched' all day whether i want to be or not, I am never alone. This includes my thoughts sometimes but mostly it's my actions and spoken words that are observed. Now I know that this isnt real but it doesn't stop me being plagued by it all the same. I am constantly changing my behaviour all the time to appease or impress whoever I think is watching me but i know deep down that they're not really there. Is that the difference with thought broadcasting, does the sufferer believe that it's real? Is it so real that I may be offending people to suggest that it may not be real?

E

elbow

for me, thought broadcasting is a psychic phenomena. it usually happens every day and can sometimes get so intense that i am continually thinking something and then someone immediately says exactly what i was thinking. but then i get uncertain about the origin, whether i am picking up their thoughts or if they are intercepting mine and assuming that their thoughts are autonomous and unique. but then it extends into other areas such as thinking about a song and it coming on the radio, or an advert and it appearing on tv, or thinking about someone moments before i see them, and then i begin to consider other possibilities such as quantum mechanics and reality creation, my thoughts influencing my surroundings and the creation of multiple dimensions on a massive scale, or reality selection via chaotic determinism... and so on until it grows into what MH professionals like to call delusions of grandeur, but i digress.

F

firemonkee57

In the delusion of thought broadcasting the patient believes that their thoughts are being made known to other agencies. This may be via telepathy, the radio broadcasting his thoughts, the newspaper telling about his thoughts etc.

Some patients believe that other people can hear their thoughts.

This condition occurs most frequently in schizophrenia.
http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=-167378931

ally41

ally41

Cheers Elbow, doesn't everyone get that though? I'm always coming across 'coincidences' and and always getting deja vu, does not everyone get that then? My Mum used to share dreams with her sister and my therapist says he gets deja vu that can last for longer than 20 minutes! I wish I knew more about quantum physics because the idea that time is linear doesn't really seem right to me....... What do you think?

ally41

ally41

Some quantum theorists believe that everything happens all at once and that the passage of time is an illusion. This would explain deja vu and other stuff such as humming a song that comes on the radio, I do stuff like think about a film I havent seen for years and then see that it's on the tv that night, stuff like that you know? My therapist thinks that all the ages of us that we ever are are present with us all the time, even the older parts that we supposedly havent experienced yet. I had a friend who absolutely KNEW that she would die before 40, she just knew it and she died at 36.

My therapist was camping once and woke in the middle of the night with a compulsion to move camp for no apparent reason. When he awoke, the place where he'd been was flooded and if he hadn't moved, he'd have been washed away! Also, he had a compulsion one day to ring his son's school and found that just 5 minutes earlier, his son had fallen and broke his arm!

This world has more to it than conventional science is able to explain. But i still don't believe in God, LOL

ally41

ally41

Oh and i once had this really vivid dream that was so real it bothered me for days until I recounted it to my mum. She told me that it was a memory of something that had happened to her as a child during the war, I'd got it down to a fine detail that i had never been told and that neither of us could explain. It was then that she told me that she regularly shared dreams with her sister. Explain that one then!!

E

elbow

exactly ally, the problem with conventional medicine is that it won't take these possibilities into consideration. i came about the knowledge of chaotic determinism and what i later learned to be quantum mechanics through channelling entities that gave me a tonne of information about life and the universe, about DNA and how we are creators and choose our realities according to the subconscious signals we project. time isn't an illusion per se, but it is highly misunderstood and absolutely nonlinear. history itself is a construct, but then you're getting into the problem of history vs nature, whereas nature is the observable progession of events succeeding the beginning of the universe, which is better likened to a forward motion rather than the passage of an external force that dictates our lives, and history is an imaginary scale based around a major incident. like you say, all time is interconnected, hence synchronicity and premonition. but it is also fragmented and multifaceted, given that all possibilities exist at once in potentia: i dislike determinism per se because i am an autonomous being, i'm not a puppet, i can and will make my own choices. a deterministic model dictates that we have no free will. but with the chaotic aspect that comes in on the quantum level there emerges the ability to decide which of those countless possibilites one will take.

ally41

ally41

I like the idea that somewhere out there is a universe where I'm doing everything I want and am everything i want to be, just wish I was in THAT one, LOL. Sometimes I wonder if we 'flip' between universes, that's my way of feeling like I have some control over things if everything HAS already happened. Wish I could get my head round some of the stuff you know about but if I concentrate too hard I become like Homer Simpson with the dancing monkeys in my brain.....

E

elbow

i suppose conscious choice and taking control of one's own reality is a form of flipping through universes or dimensions. the way i percieve existence is like a multidimensional map... it is deterministic because all of the paths are already laid out, but it is chaotic because the choices are countless and exponential. we have control because we can choose which of those paths to take... and when we consciously choose to change our reality it is in a sense flipping into another universe. we CAN have everything we want, if we know we can attain it, but we're often halted in our progression by fear and doubt.... that's one of my major problems. in addition, we are constantly bombarded with societal expectations and messages intended to disempower us, because an individual in full control of themselves and their reality is outside of the system, and the system relies on individuals to maintain it.

Last edited:
ally41

ally41

Oh definately. I wonder how many people on here dont actually want to rejoin 'society', I know i dont, not in the 'productive member' sense because there's so much fucked upness in the world that most people refuse to see. One thing I wonder is why they dont all just get monumentally bored with it all for one thing. Sometimes I think i'd rather be the 'mad' one because actually I can see the sanity that seems to elude others around me....Might start another thread about this, hmmmm.

P

paranoid

Hi I am new to this forum...just wanted to say this thread is very interesting. When my condition was worse I felt I was living in some other world and I was famous. All the songs on the radio were about me and people were gossiping about me.

ally41

ally41

Oh god what was that like? To me it sounds like a complete and utter nightmare..... Welcome to the forum! ;)

M

mister_anon

I have two examples to draw from one is perception of thoughts and the other is broadcasting of thoughts.

The first occured during a short volunteer job. I was working along side a recovering drug and alcohol addict. The individual was working way too hard and I began precieving his voice mind, it was very loud, his voice mind was saying, "I am so tired, I can't do this any longer". A few moments later after he had been repeating this phrase in his head, he finally said it with his mouth. I believe drug addicts and alcoholics have loud minds as do psychotics.

Another time, in reverse, I was in my room and my neighbor was in his drive way washing his car. We were having a deep discussion telepathically different issues, I got irritated with him and broke off the dialogue. After a few minutes he started yelling at me with his mind, really acting out. So I told him if he doesn't shut up I will come over and stab him with a kitchen knife (I had no actual intention of doing it it was an empty threat but I did not let him know that). He still would not relent, so I left my room and telepathically traced my steps to the kitchen, opened a drawer and broacasted an image of a kitchen knife, and traced my steps out in the street. He had rushed into the house. I did not have the knife on me, I just picked up the newspaper and when back inside. He was very quiet. About 3 to five minutes later two police cars pulled up in front of my house. The went to his house. This is an rather affluent neighborhood, no crime. I got in my car and went to the store and came back and the cops were gone. I never heard his telepathic voice again for months. I basically solved his problem.

L

lostminty

Watched a video earlier on how anything is infinity divisible. and thought this relates well to our ability to make choices in our reality. Anything can be infinite, but it will be within greater infinites so to speak. i have infinite choice of the words i know etc.

Then there are levels of abstraction, i can be a reasonable person as an individual, but once im part of a group....group mentality takes over and i am in that sense no longer an individual and my individual choices do not scale well to the level of group actions. Perhaps those actions require more energy, are slower...but there is certainly more steps in that action outside of my control. And in that sense, some of those actions control me. But i can still come back to my individuality, and now i am more in control. I find it amazing that i can be myself, and part of a group.

J

Jonny17999

I'm interested to learn more about thought broadcasting . I'm intrigued by how we all fit into a spectrum of mental illness and it's my personal peeve that we shouldn't be split into different diagnoses as this only serves us badly by negative labelling.

I have 'neurotic' mental illness, that's as far as I'm interested in being diagnosed. I want to know about thought broadcasting because I wonder if it's related to a symptom that I have as a non 'schizophrenic' person.

I am 'watched' all day whether i want to be or not, I am never alone. This includes my thoughts sometimes but mostly it's my actions and spoken words that are observed. Now I know that this isnt real but it doesn't stop me being plagued by it all the same. I am constantly changing my behaviour all the time to appease or impress whoever I think is watching me but i know deep down that they're not really there. Is that the difference with thought broadcasting, does the sufferer believe that it's real? Is it so real that I may be offending people to suggest that it may not be real?
thought broadcasting is real, i'm having a hard time coping with it, here is a tip for anyone who is suffering from it, weed will fucking enhance the effects by a lot, seriously so most of u stay away from it, it helps and makes it worst at the same time. i use it to focus my senses like my hearing, i can make a person's voice go away but to make all the voices go away there is only one way, effective medication like marijuana doesnt work, what u have to do is focus on something else, something that will keep your mind busy like a video game, movie, focused conversation with someone.

The problem with thought broadcasting is that its illegal, but noone chooses to do it, u are just born with it, passed on hereditarily, its a stigmata that combines multiple conscious minds into one mind which is the host. here is how it works, your mind is a movie for the rest. they know everything about you from they only know when. i was told by one of them it starts at conception which means they were watching me while i was in the womb. its one of the mental illnesses that you need medical marijuana for but doctors dont know any better. plus only 1% of the world population are the host while maybe 2% to 20% of the world population are parasites. most of them dont like the fact you are broadcasting also so u arent the only one trying to cope with it also. a lot of the ones i have with me dont want it to become known as a real illness cuz like i said its illegal. your not allowed to invade other people's privacy and if u are broadcasting u can hear people from anywhere in the world no matter how close or how far. i think differently about it. i believe that if we were to proove its real then doctors could make more effective medicine to help cope with it, i want to meet with broadcasters and broadcastees to help change the worlds views on it because soon 1% will be like 1 million people doing it and that wont be cool cuz nothing will be private anymore.

L

lostminty

I've found abilify to be the only antipsychotic that has effectively mitigated thought broadcasting.

K

kyleclothier

it seems that through drug usage and concentration that we people have learned to tune ourselves like radios, and when this is happening, we receive a label, schitzoprhenic. all of our thoughts seem to be broadcast out into space for the world to listen to and observe, and we normally tend to lose our functional abilities. it seems to me to be a higher code. we humans listen to sound and interpret, we hear an O we become comforted, we hear a higher pitch, our awareness heightens.

the code ends with the phonetics of yah-whey. it elicits peace.

K

kyleclothier

and visually, blue and yellow elicit serenity. yah-whey.

Kerome

Kerome

Well, when I had my episode I considered whether my voices were telepathic, and I investigated it in quite a bit of depth just by asking people whether they could hear me. Everything from strangers to pigeons, I made a nuisance of myself and it was a bit embarrassing, but I got enough straight answers that after I while I discounted the whole telepathy thing.

However, when you're talking to voices you are definitely talking to something that exhibits some kind of behaviour. You could term them spirits or fragments of your self mirror or bits of the collective unconscious, so still telepathy of a kind, just not with anything in the real world. I found any apparent real world connection to be false, a trick of the mind. Ultimately I liked to think of the bits as small and cute, sort of like pets, basically because they don't seem to be very complicated, but operate on an emotional level more than a rational one. The pets image creates a more positive dynamic.

I found that anything that allows you to relate to voices in a positive, compassion-based way is generally good, it can shape the tone of the conversation into something more enjoyable and pleasant.

Hope that helps! :)